Blind Not Deaf~23

She was so beautiful. Her long dark brown hair shined in the sunlight. Alyana? She smiled brightly as she ran up to my tall figure and jumped into my arms. She looked exactly as I pictured her. Was this real?

"Of course silly billy." She giggled into my shoulder

I was holding her in my arms? Her skin felt so soft under my fingertips. A smile lightly stretched across my face. Alyana tugs me through some... I didn't know where we were.

"Hurry up Axel."

She called me out. We were barefooted, running on top of twigs and branches although they didn't hurt when they snapped beneath us. Weird?

"Where are you taking me?"

"To our secret spot."

Secret spot? We had one of those?

We come to this cave with vines dangling over the entrance. What is this place? She sat down near a wall with funny drawings.

'A+A'

"What's that?"

"Me and you. We drew this after we found this place. Do you not remember?" 

I tried so hard to jog my memory. Nothing,  absolutely nothing.

Alyana began to cry. I quickly wrapped her in my arms.

"Why are you crying?" I asked confused

"You only got to see the world for a matter of seconds and now you're leaving."

"Leaving?"

"Axel, open your eyes and wake up! Axel"

Axel. Axel. Axel. Axel

The chants only got louder. Dark figures pulled him every which way. He scream for help. The figures began to laugh.

"I'm so sorry Axel." He heard Alyana's cries

"Alyana!"

Axel shot up from the bed breathing heavily. He felt over his face. His eyes were open. Darkness surrounded his vision. He calmed down and layed back down.

'Just a dream'
••••

Vote
Comment
Follow