Blind Not Deaf~3

A couple of days went by, Axel was finally being release from the hospital. Even though he was now blind, he felt nothing  but relived about his leave. Jc helped his brother get dressed in comfortable clothing and assisted with brushing his teeth.

Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers returned from signing papers from downstairs and helped Axel get in the car. The hospital sent Axel home with a cane and his first lesson with his mobility coach starting the next day. Axel wasn't one for needing help but he had to learn how to cope with this some how.

The moment he stepped foot back into his house, he let go of his brother's hand and safely walked to the stairway. Once he and Jc blindfolded each other, testing their senses. Who knew it come in handy for an appointed time as so?

"Honey, you may want to use your cane." Mrs. Rodgers suggested.

Axel shook his head and went to his room in one piece. The others sat down in the living room and discussed their plan for Axel. Jc agree to get a part-time job to help bring in more money. If it were for Axel, he'd do anything.

"Jc, we understand you want to help but also you need to focus on finishing school." Jc shook his head. He'd drop out of school if he had to.

Axel was more important than school.

"Mom, school is the last thing I'm worried about. Our focus is Axel and he's my brother...I want to help." His parents nodded

~~~~

Axel had awakened from his nap to something furry. He smiled as he remember it was his cat, Taboo. He petted her and held her close. Axel suddenly felt sick to his stomach. Let cupped Taboo in his hands and headed downstairs carefully.

He sat Taboo on the ground and felt for the fridge.

"What are you doing Axel?" Jc said, startling his brother.

"Could you make me a sandwich with ketchup?" Jc lightly chuckled.

He and Axel had an obsession with ketchup. They practically ate in on everything.

"I see you found Taboo. Where was she?" Jc asked as he passed Axel his sandwich.

"I don't know. She found me." Axel bit into the sandwich.

Jc and his brother spent the rest of the day playing 'What's in my mouth' and of course Axel demolished Jc. He claimed he was only letting Axel win because he didn't want him to feel bad but Axel wanted to be treated just as if he wasn't blind.

The kitchen ended up being a mess which Jc had to clean up. Axel did the best he could to help.

"That was probably the most fun I had in a long time." Jc said as they were in Axel's room.

"Yeah, me too. Let's do it again tomorrow." Axel said exhausted

"Okay but you're cleaning up the mess tomorrow." Jc joked.

Axel laughed and agreed that he would do his best. Jc said goodnight to Axel and dimmed his lamp.

Axel's new life wasn't going to be easy. It's an whole other process. As long as his family was there, Axel knew things were going to be okay.

           <><><><><><><><><><><>

Vote
Comment
Follow

VoteComment Follow