Ch.16: Changes

Takahashi was tired, she throws herself to her bed while thinking about her life.

"... Why must everything turned like this..."

She glanced at the picture on her table, it was a picture from the past, a picture of her and her sister.

The picture was in frame, it made her remember of the tragic accident happened.

".... I'm the cause of all this, am I?..."

While she was drowning in her thoughts, someone knocked on the door, after a while, Takahashi opened the door to the sight of her maid.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Takahashi asked, "Your mother is calling, she has something really important to say..." the maid explained, "Okay..."

Takahashi went downstairs, she finds her parents sitting down, waiting for her. "Asuka, take a seat, we have something to discuss."

Takahashi is confused, "Alright, what is it?" , Her parents seems hesitated.

"We've been thinking that we should do something about your school life, especially in this school.." her father explained.

"You see, before you moved to this school, things were fine, you were safe and you didn't get into any accident, so..."

"Okay, I know where this is going, you think that this school is some kind of cursed or something?" Takahashi answered with an irritated tone.

"No, it's not like that, we just think that the environment surrounding this school is... not really that good.." Her mother answered.

"Listen, Asuka, you are the only thing we have and we can't afford to lose you.. We just really care about you, and we really wanted you to be safe.."

Takahashi sat back down on the couch, she can't think of anything.

"I'm sorry... I just.." Takahashi answered.

"I don't want to move again, I want to stay here, till graduation..."

Her parents have a really concerned face, they don't want to take their daughter's happiness, but they also want to keep her safe.

"Please... Please just let me stay here... I promise I can take care of myself... I promise..." Takahashi begs them.

"But, it's not safe... even if you promised us, we still worried.."

Takahashi's eyes goes wide, her expression was an unreadable one.

Her mother gently put her hand on her shoulder, "Listen, your promise cannot guarantee that you will be safe--"

"Oh, so you don't trust me? Is that what are you saying?"

Takahashi stand up from the couch, "Fine then, it's not like I care if anyone in this world doesn't trust me", she stormed off and immediately went upstairs.

Her parent seems to be really upset and worried at the same time, "This girl..."

She got back to her room, her phone is ringing, it was a phone call from someone.

She pick it up without seeing who was the caller or the number, she was too lazy and too tired for that, it seems.

"Hello?" Takahashi said normally.

"Hey, Takahashi-san, it's Nagisa..."

She don't know why, but that moment, hearing his voice, somewhat makes Takahashi relieved, she absolutely don't know why.

"Ah, Nagisa-kun, I'm surprised you called, what is it?"

"Well, I was just wondering, have you feeling better or anything... a lot of the girls were asking... Sorry to bother you.."