Ch. 27: Until Spring Day Pt.2

There was no way anymore, i couldn't possibly tell her. if she were to be more honest, maybe things would've worked out, i CAN accept her for what she was, i guess i could understand more if i were in her shoes, that day couldn't go more painful than it already was, the fact that she now only left as a part of my memory was unbearable.

I hate that i couldn't make her happy, I hate the fact thay i couldn't convince her to be more optimistic, to wait and fight just a little bit more.

I hate the fact that i couldn't tell her to believe in me.

I hate the fact that she's stuck in a cold and neverending winter, or at least she thought was neverending.

Spring day will come, and it will definitely come, if i could just tell her to trust me, I'll go to her, and save her.

Because no season or night last forever.

But as i said that, I remembered that no one last forever either. Every flower will wither at the end of the day.

At least now she's happy, up there, with the one she cherished the most.

--

"Hey, It's Shiota-kun again!" she said as she waved towards me, "Ah, um, you can call me Nagisa, you know", i simply answered, "Good thing you're here, i was kinda lonely back there!", she said again, "Huh? You don't go home with your friends?", i asked.

She seems to be a bit hesitant to answer the question, "Uh... I... Something's up! Yeah, that's why i'm alone!", her answer just now was definitely a lie,

She was hiding something.

But obviously, privacy is privacy, i definitely shouldn't be prying into her personal matters, but all that matters right now is that she's here.

She sat next to me and pulled out a sketchbook from her bag, she started to draw what it seems to be a scenery of a forest, looked similar to the ones on the mountain next to Kunugigaoka's building.

"That's beautiful"

My compliment snapped her back to reality, she has been focusing on her drawing for a while now, "Ahaha... You think so?"

She puts the sketchbook in her laps.

"I only do this in my spare time, it's nice to get compliment for doing something that i actually like, you know?"

I can see gloom in her eyes, doesn't seem like she have more spare time other than while sitting on a train, waiting till it reach the next stop.

"What do you do usually at home, then?"

She sighed, "Hours.. and hours... Of trying to fit with this so-called royal family expectations... That's what...", She said as she smiled with a hint of sadness in it.

"Ah, I'm sorry, i shouldn't ask you such questions, also that was very rude of me, I'm sorry."

"It's good, it's good, thank YOU, actually, haha."

She stared at me, looking at my hair.

"I like your blue hair, have you ever tried short hair? I think it'll look nice on you", she stated out of the blue.

"Ahaha, thanks, and no, i haven't tried that, I'll consider it"

I couldn't tell her why was i looking like this, obviously. But of course, since she's just a stranger, no wonder she would say so, heck, compared to other strangers and people that i actually know, her comment was nicer.

And then it went silent again.

She focused on her work again and i just sat there waiting for the next station.