Ch. 26: Until Spring Day

"Think you could walk, Nagisa-kun?" the person barged in earlier said, Nagisa was surprised by the question, "Karma-kun? Why? Is something wrong?" Nagisa asked confusedly, "You need to see the doctor, now", Karma said while pulling Nagisa to get up, Nagisa followed Karma by force, until they arrive in front of Takahashi's room, and the doctor from earlier was standing there.

"He's okay, now tell us what happen", Karma suddenly say, the doctor take a deep sigh, "Okay, let me tell you one thing before we do this,", he said "I didn't even let anyone except her parents, to enter this room, so you need to be silent", he added again, both Karma and Nagisa was confused, but they followed the doctor anyway and entered the room.

There was the sight of Takahashi on her bed, it is painful to see, there was many bandages all over her, she looks like she's in a really terrible pain, even though her eyes was closed as if she was having a peaceful, harmless sleep. They were in complete shock.

Nagisa walk a bit closer towards her, "... Let me just be frank with you," the doctor started speaking again, "She won't survive"

Both Karma and Nagisa froze in place hearing the doctor's statement, they couldn't believe what they just heard, "W-What?" both of them said in shock, "Many treatment have been done, and they show no respons whatsoever, the only thing left we can do is wait, either for her time or for a miracle", the doctor answered.

"... Why?"

"We're really sorry... but this is as far as we can do, we tried so many time to save her", the doctor added again, "How much hour does she have?", Karma asked with heads looking down, "Maybe for 3 hours from now", he answered.

"... Can't you..."

"Okay, that's all i have to tell, i brought you two here so maybe you could see her for possibly the last time", the doctor said, "I see, thank you", Karma answered, for that minute, they didn't heard Nagisa's voice, "Nagisa-kun? Nagisa-kun!", Karma noticed Nagisa on the floor, ".. Is this really how she's gonna die?", Nagisa mumbled.

".... Stay a bit longer?"

They helped Nagisa to regain his balances and left the room, "Oh, right", the doctor suddenly said, "Her parents gave me this letter, they said it was for you", he added while giving it to Nagisa, he took it without reading it, he returned to his room, "I wonder when i can go home..." he mumbled again while looking at the window.

"Well, you could always run away at night, you know"

Nagisa turned his head towards the source of the voice, "That sounds like something you would do, Karma-kun," Nagisa answered, "I know why you don't want to stay here for much longer, so, there's my advice", Karma said again, "Of course, there's no way i can do that...", he answered again.

"Anyway, what you're going to do now?", Karma asked, "Nothing, i mean, there's nothing more i can do...", Nagisa simply answered, "What? You don't have anything you want to say to her?", he asked again, "She can't even hear me, what's the point..." Nagisa frowned.

"Oh, you seem to be sure about what you say, don't you?", Karma said as he sat down on the chair next to Nagisa's bed, "What if... Just what if... She could hear you, but she just couldn't respond?", Karma said again, "What makes you think that?", Nagisa asked, "Oh no, nothing, just a theory, you know..."

After that, it was just silence, nobody wanted to speak, until suddenly, Karma spoke, "Hey, how dense can you get?", Nagisa was startled by that question, "W-What? it's not that i'm dense, it's just... I seriously don't know how to react...", he answered.

"Let me just cut the chase, do you feel the same way as her?",Karma asked to him, that question felt like it hit him hard in the chest, the answer was stuck in his throat, he can't speak, he tried to speak but voices won't came out, it can't came out.