Ch. 23: Foolish

Earlier That Day

"Looking for this, Nagisa-kun?"

Karma said as he shows Nagisa a letter on his hand, Nagisa was shocked, but he couldn't do anything.

"Did you...read it?" Nagisa asked.

"Oh, what? Of course no" Karma simply answered. "Why would I even read it? This is for you, no?"

"You did read it, didn't you?", Nagisa asked again, "Look, I'm sorry to keep that as a secret, I just don't know what to do...", he added.

"Do you think it's okay to sacrifice yourself for someone that you care or the person that cares for you?", Karma asked with a serious expression, Nagisa was surprised, what have made Karma to be this serious?

"Of course, if you truly care for them, then...!"

"Isn't that a foolish decision?"

Karma interrupted Nagisa's word, "Now, let's just say, you, Nagisa, have chosen to go after Takahashi on your own, and you managed to find her...", Karma said as he walk towards Nagisa slowly.

"... What if something goes wrong and you get injured or even killed to save her?"

Nagisa starts to look a bit shook, but Karma didn't bother to care, "I think your decision is a bit selfish, no?"

"Your existence by her side is more needed than your sacrifice", Karma added, "And let me ask you one other thing, if you were to see her dying in front of your own eyes, how would you feel?"

"Of course, I can't stand that, I won't let that happen, I will protect her...!"

"And so does she!"

Again, for the second time, Karma interrupted Nagisa, "Do you really think she wants to see the one she loves gone right in front of her eye? I don't think so", Karma said.

"Don't you understand? Or you just really dense? Without you by her side, her days would be empty"

Nagisa just stood there, not saying a word, he began thinking about what Karma have said, Karma's probably right, maybe it was a foolish decision.

Karma started walking out of the class, "Karma-kun..!", he stopped walking, "... Would you help me?", Nagisa asked.

Karma turned towards Nagisa, his expression have changed, "Please, help me find her, our friend!"

Back to the Present

"Make a move and I'll cut your throat"

Nagisa can hear those words clearly, "Maybe if you could have just stop meddling into people's life, you could have been away from all this", the person added.

"It's my decision, I gotta take the risk", Nagisa answered, "Heh, you're not good at making decision, aren't you? What a foolish person you are"

The person let out an insane laugh, "You sure you want to take the risk? You're not seeing tomorrow's sunrise if you're going to take it", the person said.

"You're a big boy, now, aren't you? Being able to say all of this, the first time I saw you, I thought you don't have any guts", the person added again, "I'm giving you one chance, you can leave her and me alone, and I promise, I swear, you would never have to be like this anymore"

Nagisa's eyes widened as he listened to the person's words, the knife was slowly getting closer to cut open his skin, he didn't answered for a while.

"Fine..."

The person laughed with a satisfaction, "I know you would give up! I was right after all, you didn't have any guts!", the person said.

"... But you have to walk over me to even touch her, I dare you... Makito..."

The person took of his mask, to reveal a face with an insane expression, "You're smart too, Nagisa-san...", Makito released Nagisa from his knife, "Are you sure you want to do this? Cause it wouldn't be funny if you didn't survive after those heroic lines you just said now", Makito asked Nagisa as he stared into Nagisa's eyes.

"Now, Nagisa, by far, you know most of her stories, I believe you're aware that she's not Haruna, or you don't?", Makito said.

"And Haruna is actually her dead sister, and then she used that name because she felt guilty and responsible for her death, how sick is that?", he added again.

"But then, the question, how did the sister died?", he asked.

"She was shot because she pushed you away when the spies were after you guys", Nagisa answered.

"Yes, yes, that was right, but why did you think the spies were after me and her?", Makito asked Nagisa again.

"Because your family had a problem, and they were after you, you decided to come to her and her sister and then all of this happened"

Makito laughed, "Do you really think that's why? Come on, assassin, figure it out, properly"

Nagisa became confused, "What do you mean..?", Makito let out a sigh and said, "Just because we get along doesn't mean our parents does too"

"Wait... What?"

"There were no debt, you fool! My family was at their greatest during that year, no way we had debt!"

Nagisa widened his eyes in shock and fear, "Yes, it was all set up, the spies, the debt problem, everything!", Makito shouted.

"We wanted to get rid of the Takahashi's!"

Nagisa became more and more shocked after hearing those words, "I can't believe... You didn't just betrayed her,  but you killed her sister too!"

"Why did I left after all those? Because I wanted to take off this mask I've been wearing for years, but I guess I wore it for too long, that it consume me"

Of course, Takahashi heard all of those words that he just said, Takahashi was in shock, she can't believe what she just heard.

"...She died..."

Nagisa and Makito turned towards Takahashi.

"...She died to protect you... You fucking...!!!"

Takahashi shouted as she ran towards Makito, she started trying to beat him up, but her attack did not inflict any damage.

"I trusted you for years! Just to know that you're a fucking SNAKE!!!"

Takahashi took a rock and throw it towards him, his head started bleeding, he laughed.

"You're all just a bunch of fools..."

It happened so fast, Nagisa can't believe he didn't kept his words, his eyes widened in fear, and all of this felt like a nightmare

A knife stabbed Takahashi in the stomach.

He let out a scream, but there was no voice at all.

"TAKAHASHI...!!!"

Vote and Comments please, thank you!