Chapter Fifteen

I lay awake in bed. Today's earlier events keep running through my head. I can feel the heat on my face as I think back on it. Am I thinking too much into it? Our lips barely touched, could it still be considered a kiss? I toss and turn. What could he want to ask that would have to wait? How am I supposed to face him when I'm such a mess right now? I shake my head, get yourself together. A sudden knock on the door breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I call out.

Eomma peeks in before coming inside. She sits on the edge of the bed.

"Couldn't fall asleep?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"I got a call from the school today. You were sent home early but you never came. Is there something you're not telling me?"

I avert my eyes, feeling guilty. "I wasn't feeling well at first. But then I met up with a friend. Sorry I didn't tell you."

She gives me a questioning look. "A friend, huh? Would this friend happen to be a boy?"

"W-What? What makes you say that?"

She laughs. "The huge smile on your face when you came home. And I could see you two from the window."

"Eomma! We're you spying on me?"

"Hey, you're my daughter. I need to make sure you're safe. So, how about this boy? Do you like him?"

I blush. "That's enough chatting for tonight. I'm tired, there's school tomorrow, I should really go to sleep now."

I struggle to push her out the door as she refuses to leave.

"Alright, alright." She laughs. "I'll go. Goodnight, sweetie."

I sigh. "Goodnight."

After that short moment of embarrassment I finally fall asleep.

***

I had two days to prepare for school today. I had feigned sickness so that I wouldn't hqve to go to school yesterday. But now my time is up. And I'm a nervous wreck. What am I going to do? I can't let today be a repeat of Monday. What if they all take turns beating me up like they do in the dramas? Would they kill me? Maybe I'm just over reacting. There's no way they'd murder me. Where would they hide my body? I begin to bite my nails in worry as I wait for the pedestrian light to change. A sudden car honk has my head turning. I face the familiar car as the window rolls down.

"Need a ride?" Min Ho oppa calls out.

I smile. "Thanks."

We make small talk as he drives us to school.

"See you in class." He waves.

"Bye, oppa." I say, feeling refreshed.

However, my good mood is short lived. When I turn around I'm faced with Hwa Young and Chun Hee. I never thought they'd get along so well.

Hwa Young sneers. "Look at that, I guess getting out of a teacher's car is a new thing."

Student teacher, I mentally correct her.

"You just have all the boys wrapped around your finger." Chun Hee says.

I take in a deep breath and walk forward. I'm not going to deal with them. It's too early for this.

"Wow, you're ignoring us now. I guess you're a lot braver than you look. Or maybe you're just plain stupid." Hwa Young says as she yanks my arm backward.

"Let go." I manage to say calmly.

Chun Hee laughs. "What's up with the sudden change? I quite liked the silent and obedient girl you were before. Or did you suddenly get brave because we're out in the open. My family supplies most of the funds for this school. I can shut everyone up if I want to. The teachers won't do anything."