Chapter Twenty Five

One Year Later

"Seok Jin-ah!" I exclaim loudly as I run into the familiar boy's arms.

His arms wrap tightly around my small body. I grin widely as he smiles down at me.

"Did you miss me that much?" He says with a light chuckle.

I nod. "Eo. Where were you?"

"Hmm, that's a secret."

I pout. "Yah."

"Is that anyway to address your elder? And what's with that casual talk? You should be calling me oppa."

"Ah, mwolla."

"You just get more and more shameless." He mutters.

"You can blame yourself for that." I say cheekily.

"Yah, Lee Eun Kyung. Are you hanging around thugs?"

I roll my eyes. "Aigoo, look at you. Come on, I'm hungry. Buy me food."

Jin gives me a pointed look.

"Please." I say with wide eyes.

"Well, fine. Only because I'm hungry as well."

I smirk. "Oppa, you're always hungry."

He scowls. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing..."

"Yah!"

Jin's arms wrap around my stomach tightly from behind and he spins me around. I giggle loudly.

"Ok, I'll behave from now on. So stop spinning me." I say in between laughs.

Jin sets me down. "I'll remember that."

"Oh! You dyed your hair." I say, finally noticing.

"It took you ten minutes to realize that?"

"I was busy being attacked. Anyways, it looks good."

"Thanks..." He mutters and his ears redden.

I giggle.

"Come on, bapmokja! (let's eat)" I say and grab his hand.

I drag him to a nearby restaurant I had discovered recently on the way to a doctor's appointment at the hospital. It was a traditional Korean restaurant that boasted the best doenjang jjigae. And it was true to its word.

"Yah, are you a criminal or something? Why are you always covering up?" I ask.

Jin shrugs. "I'm just cold. It's been really chilly out lately."

I raise an eyebrow, not buying it and he looks away. I decide to drop it. If he wants to tell me he will. And if he doesn't then I shouldn't butt in. But I had aways gotten the impression he was hiding something from me.

We get seated and order. Our food is brought out quickly. I smile happily as I look down at the array of side dishes.

"Jalmeokgesseumnida."

I smile and dig in. I'm raising the spoon up to my mouth when a sudden pang sends my head swirling. I clutch my head in pain.

"Eun Kyung, are you okay?" Jin asks worriedly.

I take in deep breaths and wait for it to subside.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say with a tight smile.

Lately, it had been occurring more often. The doctor said it was because I was near something that had to do with my past memories. However, my brain was still trying to block out those memories.