Chapter Twenty

"Would you like to explain what is going on?" Eomma says and crosses her arms.

"A tickle war?" I say, yet it ends up sounding like a question.

"A tickle war, huh? I didn't know tickle wars involved straddling my sixteen year old daughter."

Immediately my cheeks redden.

"This is when you get off her." She says to Jung Kook pointedly.

Jung Kook gets out of our awkward position and jumps to his feet on the floor. I bite back a smile as his ears turn a bright red.

"S-Sorry." He stutters.

"Eun Ha, you're supposed to act cool about it, like me." Halmoni scolds lightly.

"Did you not just see wh-"

"Shh." Halmoni shushes, putting her finger up to her lips.

Eomma shakes her head. "Am I the only one reacting like this?"

"Kookie, you're all grown up!" Ji Min cries dramatically.

"Hyung!" Jung Kook hisses.

"Swaeg."

We all turn to Suga with a confused look on our face. He shrugs.

"I thought the timing was appropriate." He says defensively.

My attention suddenly averts over to harabuji. He had stayed quiet the entire time. I sit up.

"Harabuji?"

He looks at me and gives me a small smile. Unlike the ones that always meet his eyes. I frown. I try to stand up but my knees buckle, unable to hold my weight. Jung Kook places an arm under me and holds me up

"Eun Kyung-ah, wanna take a walk with this old man?" He says suddenly.

I nod. "Of course, harabuji."

"I'll order some food for all of us. It's best you seven stay in here." Eomma says to the boys.

Everyone agrees. I grab hold of the moving stand the IV drip is suspended on and use it to walk forward. I then tuck my arm into harabuji's.

We walk down the hospital's hallways until we reach the garden where we sit down on a bench. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong? You seem sad." I say.

"I've just been thinking."

"About what?" I ask.

"The past. And what today would be like if things were the way they were back then."

"What do you mean?"

Harabuji lets out a small chuckle. "I know that you know."

My eyes widen. "H-How..."

"You could never hide anything from me, Eun Kyung. Seeing everyone all gathered around you, it made me wonder. What it would be like to have those two with us. Would they be doting on you? Stressing over you? It's better to put those thoughts aside, though."

"Yeah."

Harabuji holds my hand. "You have a good life. Don't dwell on it too much. We can't explain why people do the things they do or why they suddenly dissappear, leaving a whole in our hearts. It's better to just look forward." He suddenly changes topics. "So, that boy Jung Kook, when were you planning on introducing him?"

I blush. "W-We're not that serious."

"Not that serious, what kind of lie is that? You can't fool this old man. I don't know how he found out but he came to the hospital and was looking all over for you. Once he heard you were in surgery he almost had a break down. That poor boy sat outside your door until you woke up. And even after Eun Ha told him to leave. Soon after, his friends came along too. They care about you, a lot. Probably more than you think.