23

It had been three days since the vet.

Bruce had come a few times and taken some extra measurements on my legs.

Bucky was sleeping on the main floor couch, leaning on Steve.

I looked up when the door opened and I saw Tony.

He strolled/tiptoed over and picked me up, before I could do anything he covered my mouth and practically ran out of the room and into the lab.

Bruce looked up and said, "You took her while they weren't paying attention didn't you?"

Tony opened his mouth before closing it, "Yes, yes I did. Do you think they would've given her to me if I just said 'Hey I need to borrow your cat to do some experimental surgery,' he would've killed me!"

Bruce took me from Tony and put me on the table. Bruce bent over under the table and grabbed a weird mask thing and started trying to put it over my face.

I started crying in protest, wanting Bucky to come get me, he didn't.

Black spots started to dance in my vision the more I cried; eventually, I just went limp and fell asleep.
.
.
.
   I don't know how long it'd been since I fell asleep, but I felt numb.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a cage. It was like the one in the shelter.

I looked at my legs and much to my shock I had four legs.

The new one was metal though, and it had a little red star on the shoulder.

I started crying for Bucky.

It didn't take long for Bruce to jog in, quickly opening my cage. He started gently poking around where the metal leg met my skin.

Tony walked in, "What's wrong with her?" He asked crouching beside Bruce.

Bruce started petting my head, "It's not hurting her, I think it's her seperation anxiety," Bruce informed him, putting a food and water bowl in the cage beside me.

I got up, stumbling slightly, over to the water lapping at it.

After I took a couple bites of food and drank some more water, I looked up at Bruce, who was smiling at me.

Tony had since left the room.

Bruce opened my cage again and picked me up putting me on the floor and he walked a few feet away sitting down.

"Angel come here," he said in one of those weird baby voices.

I internally rolled my eyes, but started walking.

I stumbled more than I used to. But I eventually got to Bruce and he looked proud.
.
.
.
We repeated this 'exercise' until I was tired and Bruce had decided that I walked good enough with the new leg.

I also learned that I could move the leg and that there were retractable claws like on my other paws, so basically it was like my other legs.