C h a p t e r f o u r

Like a wild animal, truth is too powerful to remain caged...

-Veronica Roth, The Divergent Series-

Chapter FOUR (A/N- *winks* )

My alarm went off and I shot out of my bed. I clumsily walked to the washroom and did my business. The toothbrush still in my mouth when I was about to trip and fall. I fought the urge to sleep on the tiles, my only motivation to wake up was to meet my friends. I took longer than I expected to get ready, combing my long hair in frustration.

Once I was satisfied with my look, I headed downstairs for breakfast. Almost bending down to sit when a loud honk of car made me realise it was already time to leave. Grabbing a granola bar and a bottle of orange juice, I kissed my mum on her cheeks and jumped into Dylan's car, in the passenger seat.

"Morning." Sarah mumbled from the back seat, I just gave her a tired smile. The car started to move , I took a bite of my bar and a sip of juice. I shut my eyes, ready to take a nap for five minutes. But my dreams shattered when I felt someone splash water on my face. My eyes shot up only to see a goofy smile on Dylan's face.

"What the hell, Dylan?!" I raised my hands in frustration.

"Good morning to you too." I flipped him off and looked out through the window. After seven minutes approximately, our school's building came in view.

When we arrived, the parking lot was already filled with various cars, motorbikes and school buses. I flashed a polite smile at a girl who just hopped out of her small car, which she gladly returned. We three walked inside the school, down the hallway, all ready to start a new day when a loud bang caught everybody's attention.

Once again, someone was pushed against the locker but surprisingly this time it was...Brenton who was getting bullied?

What? Am I missing something?

After rubbing my eyes, I realised I wasn't seeing things. I tried to take a closer look but the two boys were surrounded by students, making it impossible to see.

"Touch me again, I fucking dare you." A deep voice echoed throughout the hallway.

I could see Brenton flinching at the calmness of the man but he still looked confident. He tried to push himself off the locker but the mysterious boy was stronger.

"Let's leave, it's probably another fight." Sarah pulled on my arm, but I refused to move. I was getting more curious, I wanted to know who in the world can slam Brenton against a locker? Who cares, whoever did should be rewarded for this. I ignored it all and walked with my group to our usual spot: the bench. I spotted Katie in the crowd and saw her flashing her usual smile at us.

"Hey!" She enthusiastically beamed. We all greeted her as she took a seat between Sarah and I, with Dylan at my side.

"I had to write two essays, one for me and one for Dylan." Sarah grumbled.

"Yeah? How do you get your phone repaired when you throw it across the room out of nowhere?" Dylan challenges.

Who throws their phone across their room for no reason?

"Wha-okay, you got me here." She replied, her face red.

I still want to know whose voice was that, it was so deep and raspy, never in my life had I ever heard someone's voice as deep as his. I'm sure I never heard this guy before, so he's probably a new student. What does he look like? Probably a chubby, cute guy with glasses? Maybe a guy with lip peircing? I have a thing for that. Maybe he was rugged? With a cigarette-breathe and yellow teeth? I'd go with the third because the first one didn't sound like him.  What if he actually was a tattooed boy with lip piercing? Damn. What was wrong with me? I smiled at my thoughts.