C h a p t e r f i f t e e n

Chapter fifteen

If this room was burning, I wouldn't even notice...

"Are you done with your project?" The teacher asked Dy and I. We decided to make a team and start with the project but we weren't even halfway completed. So much has happened this week. Dad, mum, Harry, Brad, Sarah and many more. Especially Harry. I couldn't get that night off my head, his words clouded my mind, kept in repeating again and again in my mind.

"Sort of, we'll submit it before the due date." I smiled and the bell rang, making us gather our things. After slinging the bag over my shoulder, we walked out of the class.

The hallway was noisy, students were everywhere. Groups of people were scattered all over the corridor. At the right corner, the famous Brenton and his gang was standing. I watched as one of his friend placed his arm over the object, blocking a junior's locker. I shifted my gaze on Brenton as he shamelessly flirted with other juniors. How jobless, I thought to myself.

"Do you have any idea whose picture was she holding?" Dylan nudged my side as I looked around.

"Honestly, no. She freaked out when she saw me," I responded. I narrowed my eyes at Amanda who was sashaying along in an extra short, black satin dress. Her lips were painted in bright pink, mascara coated thousands of times over her poor eyelashes. Is makeup even allowed here?

"So, I heard something's going on between Katie and you?" She raised her thick brow at Dylan. I glanced at him, his jaw was tensed and eyes were into slits as he looked intensely at her.

Damn.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sure you heard me," She rested her hands on her hips.

"I'm sure that's none of your concern." He snapped. She stepped forward and pointed her perfectly manicured finger at his chest before speaking.

"Oh yes, it is. What do you even find in her? She's just a basic ass nerd who has got nothing better to do than swallowing piles of books. Also, I'm surely better in bed than her." She whispered seductively.

"Save your horny ass and irrelevant opinions for some other dude. Also, have you forgotten all that humiliation you went through that day? You wouldn't want it to repeat, now would you?" Her jaw fell open.

"At least I'm not a nun like her!" She screamed.

"Who put firecrackers in your panties this morning?" I smiled sweetly.

How dare she come and talk about my best friend and that also interrupting a conversation? I walked forward but a rather strong arm grabbed me by my waist.

"Don't." He held my hand and pulled me forward. I turned around and flicked her off. After seeing her priceless expression, I winked before heading towards our next class.

The room started to fill in. Students were walking here and there making loud noises. Chattering, laughing, whistling, banging and howling was heard everywhere. Is my class the only spoilt one? An obnoxiously loud sound made me jump back. I looked forward where our teacher was standing. Her dark hair was tied in a low, tight bun. Glasses were placed at the tip of her nose and a rather long ruler was held in her hand. Such a typical looking teacher. My school is filled with cliches.