C h a p t e r t w e l v e

Chapter twelve

Harry and I in the same room?

Hell to the no.

I stood up and walked to the door but stopped in my dead tracks when he held my wrist. "Where do you think you're going?" He got up and tightened his grip on my wrist.

"Excuse me? I'm here to babysit Safa. So it'd be very polite if you to let me go." I nodded my head to my wrist and his grip loosened.

"Yeah bu-"

He was cut off as I raised my hand to stop him. His mouth closed and he looked at me while furrowing his brows. I rolled my eyes at him and opened the door. I exhaled deeply and ran my fingers through my hair, smoothening them a bit. There was no way in hell I was going to let him start his questioning game once again.

When I walked forward, I heard faint sounds of TV from the right. I followed the noise and opened the door. I was welcomed by a pink room. It was illuminated by a lamp beside the TV that had Tom and Jerry playing on it. I looked at the small couch and smiled at the sight of the three year old who was unaware of my presence. She was slowly leaning towards the Tv screen and carefully watched every move of the cartoon characters. Her mouth was opened and her eyes were wide. I walked towards her and kneeled down. By the sound of the soft thud, her head shot towards me and her blue eyes met mine.

"Hi." I grinned at her and waved my hands. When she didn't reply, I continued. "What's your name?"

"S-safa" She was literally gawking at the sight of me. I stood up and sat on the couch, my back facing the door. I stuck my arms out in front of her. Her little, chubby arms hesitated before meeting my hands and shaking them gently.

"I'm Victoria." She ignored me and pointed at something behind me. I turned around and saw Harry standing by the door frame. He invited himself in and sat on the chair across from us.

"That's Harry." I refused to meet his gaze. She scanned Harry's tattooed arms carefully as if it was the most interesting sight to look at before letting out an unexpected giggle. He slightly smiled at the girl who was now on my lap and his green eyes met my blue ones.

How is it that they never met before? Maybe Zayn didn't want Safa to see a rude man like Harry. I should stop.

"Victo-whatever your fucking name is, I need to talk to you." He said sternly. I thought for a moment before nodding my head. I glanced up at the clock, it was a little early for her to go to bed. So I excused my self, stood up and walked to the kitchen that was in the corner of the house. I pulled out a packet of strawberry yogurt and surprisingly a can of soda for Harry. After picking up a small plastic spoon and a glass, I walked back to the room.

Safa continued to watch her cartoon as I placed the yogurt in front of her. She clapped her hands excitedly and started eating it away. After pouring the drink in a glass, I looked at Harry who had his head rested on his open palms. I hesitated before lightly touching his shoulder and his head shot up.

"Here." I offered. He brought his arm towards the glass but stopped right in the middle.

"How can I know that this drink is not spiked?" He quirked up his brow. Does he really think I'll do that to him?

"I literally just poured it from the can. Just drink it, you asshole." I rolled my eyes. He looked surprised before returning back to his previous expression.

"Don't you dare call me that or you're never going to see the sunlight again." My eyes widened and I pursed my lips, is he dangerous?

"At least have the courtesy to say thank you, asshole. Despite your harsh behaviour, I'm offering you a drink and that too not in my own house." I snapped and placed the glass on the nightstand. See? He doesn't have the balls to even touch me.

"What are you doing here?" He ignored me completely.

"He's my friend."

"He's my neighbour." I pulled my lips in a tight, rude smile. He kept quiet. Silence fell upon us, the only sound was of the TV playing in the background. Safa. I totally forgot about her.

It was almost nine so I went to switch the tv off and quickly rushed to the other room to get my phone. I hope I find some good bedtime story. She probably likes stories of some princess who lives in her royal castle. Waiting for the knight in shining armour to save her from the dragons. Then the prince and princess fall in love and live happily ever after. Years by years she'll realise not ever story has a happy ending. I walked to the white bed and pulled my phone from under the pillow.

After shoving it in my pocket, I heard someone scream. My heart leaped out of my chest, I almost ran to the other room and furrowed my brows when I saw Safa on Harry's lap. He bounced his right leg up and down furiously , trying to calm the crying girl. When he noticed my presence , he looked up. He seemed frantic and was in a full on panic mode.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do? She started crying when you switched off the TV." He bit his lip and looked at the little girl.

"Well, someone needs help." I smirked at him.

"Fast." I chuckled to myself and picked the baby up. I started pacing back and forth and rocked her gently. Her screaming and crying stopped , she was only hiccuping. I whispered sweet things in her ear and she stopped completely. Her wet eyelashes were curled up as she blinked several times before calming down.

"How did you do that?" He asked, his voice sounded surprised.

"To calm someone down, you treat them gently. Not aggressively like how you did." I teased.

"Uh...I don't know how to react near kids." He rubbed the back of his neck. I laughed and placed Safa on her bed. After pulling the covers on her small body, I switched my phone on. Harry sat silently as I read a bedtime story to the girl. Her eyes were slowly closing and before I knew, she was fast asleep.

"Let's go to the other room." I whispered to him and he nodded. I closed the door behind me and we both walked to a room, I supposed it was the living room.

It was simple. This part of the house was black and white. The walls were painted white and the furniture was black. A frame across from me caught my attention. Before I could control myself, my feet carried me towards it. It was an old picture captured of a smiling woman who I assumed to be Zayn's mum. She was beautiful, her brown hair were flowing down her shoulders and she had a small girl in her arms. That's probably Safa.

I turned around to face Harry who was leaning against the wall. He held a cigarette in his fingers and was searching for the lighter in his pocket.

"Please don't, I can't stand the smell of it." I requested and he looked up. He shoved the stick back in his pocket before crossing the room and standing in front of me.

My eyes widened when he closed the space between us and placed both of his palms on the either side of my face. His eyes were burning holes through mine. I pushed my back further into the wall which made him press our chests together. I shut my eyes tight as he nuzzled his head in my neck. His hot breathe touched the skin of my neck when he spoke.

"You still didn't answer me, babe."

~

Okay so I just realised that this book is gonna have so many plot twists and secrets. If you're ready then go ahead. If you're not, then also go ahead lmao

And pls vote and comment, it'd mean a lot
Feel free to advice me or point out some things which I need to change in this book BUT DONT BE RUDE
Byeeee