C h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

Chapter eighteen

"I think it's a metal piece."

"Alright, get the first aid box, it's in the second drawer."

"Should I wake her up?"

"I don't think so, she's in a deep sleep."

"But-"

"For God's sake, Harry! Let me do it."

My eyes shot open by the obnoxious chinking of metal. Two figures surrounded me as I tried to remember what last happened before I slept. Rubbing my eyes clumsily, I lifted myself off the mattress I was laying on.

"She woke up!" An enthusiastic voice cheered and my attention drifted to the boy with dark, messy hair. My confused gaze then shifted to Harry who leaned against the wall beside the nightstand with a glass in his massive hand. When he extended his arm and offered it to me, I took the glass and gulped down the whole thing. The cold water slid down my throat, wetting the dry surface and making me feel alive again.

It's not like I passed out but it definitely feels like that.

"You slept in my arms." His hoarse voice reminded me. Nodding slowly, my eyes darted to my surroundings. I was in a small but well decorated bedroom. The wall had posters of bands and a guitar hanging beside a wall mirror. I was sitting on a king size bed which had two night stands on the either side of it. Where was I? Did he kidnap me or something? What ever happened to the metal in my body? Who was this guy?

As if Harry noticed my bewildered state, he answered my thoughts.

"This is my best mate, Louis, and you're in his room. He removed the object from your foot." He nodded towards my foot which was wrapped around with a white cloth.

"Thank you, it means a lot." I shot a smile towards the short boy who returned the gesture by the nod of his head and a small smile.

Harry led me to the small dining room in which we ate our lunch silently. The awkward tension between myself and the strangers made me nervous to no extent. Harry wasn't exactly a stranger. I don't know what we were, friends or enemies. Whatever we were was definitely not the reason why I had knots in my stomach but the fact that he kept throwing side glances towards my direction was. After eating, I helped Louis in filling the dishwasher with dirty utensils. He said he felt relieved by doing it at time and thanked me later. After he finished his work, he went to sleep.

The pain that once made me cry was still evident as I limped back to the dining room, hoping Harry would help me, but to my expectation, he wasn't there. I sat on the armchair and pulled out my phone. I got multiple texts and miss calls from Dylan and my mom. Silently hoping that the school didn't notice our absence, I dialed mom's number. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I called again. Why wasn't she picking up?

"What are you doing?" My head snapped to Harry as he took a seat beside me, our thighs almost touching.

"Mom is not picking the phone," I bit the inside of my cheek and played with the strands of my hair.

"So?" He sounded bored.

"She called me many times... just an hour ago. She does not ignore my calls..."

"She must be busy," He rolled his eyes. What was his problem? I ignored him and dialed again. When she didn't receive the call, I slammed the phone on the coffee table and brought my knees to my chest.

"Who's that Daniel kid you always hangout with?" Harry broke off the silence. I looked at him and frowned my brows.

"Dylan?" I questioned.