C h a p t e r e i g h t

Chapter eight

Dylan's picture up.
Hearts are wild creatures that's why our ribs are cages

"Who are you?" His words surprise me as they slowly float away in the night air. His tone wasn't gentle or sweet, it was strong and mostly demanding. I was sure a hint of confusion was hiding behind his confidence. I couldn't speak knowing that if I did, I'd let out an inhuman noise. Building up all the courage I finally spoke up.

"Your classma-I mean..I'm Victoria." I mentally face palm myself for being so stupid. Despite taking a break and let the thought that Harry styles was standing in front of me sink in, I still stuttered. He hummed in response before sighing.

What am I going to do with my life?

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously and looked straight in my eyes. To say he was good looking would surely be an understatement. He was so beautiful that it hurt.

"Do you wear lens?"

The hell.

"No, why?" He shook his head and his long fingers clasped round my wrist. At first, my eyes widened but I soon relaxed when I realised he was just taking me to sit on the chairs under the shade. It continued to rain, but not as heavily. We sat in silence and I was nervously playing with the strands of my hair. I knew nothing about this man, this beautiful, intimidating, strangely mysterious man.

He was a stranger to me.

But the real question is, was I a stranger to him?

"There's always beauty hidden in darkness, you just need to find it." His words baffled me as they gently formed.

What he meant by that was beyond me but one thing was for sure. That this man surely had a beautiful mind. He turned his head towards me and carefully studied my every feature. The soft rustling of leaves in the balcony, the rain and the wind was the only thing that sounded besides my heavy breathing. Sitting so close to him made me a bit insecure about myself.

"I think you're right...at the end of every dark tunnel, you eventually see the light." The words escaped my mouth in a whisper. He didn't say anything. He was just in a deep, deep thought and I didn't want to disturb his little moment.

The furrow between his eyebrows was telling me that there was something bothering him but couldn't let it out. Certainly, there was a broken person hiding behind that cold facade.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I couldn't help but shatter the silence into pieces. He quirked up his brow looked up at me with no emotion.

His scent was overwhelming. The smell of his cologne and smoke filled up every sense of mine and made me impossibly weaker. The level of adrenaline was quickly increasing in my system. He didn't reply instead he kept studying my face as if searching for some sort of lie.

How sweet of him to ignore me.

I looked in front of me. The streetlights, car's headlights and the dim moonlight filling up every droplet of rain made the sky look brighter.

When I turned to face him , I slightly jumped in horror as his eyes were burning holes through mine. It was darker, the green of it had vanished totally. It was almost black...the shade of dark forest.