Chapter 2. A Dark Shadow

Laney and her younger sister Emily enters the park hand in hand it was a perfect day for Emily to go out and play while the short pigtail girl was taking in some fresh air from working on cases from inside her home office all week.

The small girl let's go of her younger sister's hand and sits down on the park bench as she watches Emily runs over towards the play ground and begins to climb up the ladder of the tall yellow slide.

"Hey" a soft male voice said from beside her.

Laney slowly turns her head finding a boy with short dark brown hair that had pink highlights. Wearing a black shirt with black leather pants with a chain hanging down the side of them from the belt that was holding the leather pants in place.

" Hey Sal how was your day." the pigtail girl asked as her soft blue eyes watches her best friend sit on the bench next to her while taking a small inhaled breath  of his lighted cigarette.

" Not good got fire from the bar today....Hey is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"That your friends with monsters and working for a monster restaurant?"

"Yeah."

"Are fucking kidding me Laney their freaks and...."

"Heya" A deep voice said from behind them causing both Laney and Sal to slowly turn around finding Frisk and Sans standing behind the park bench that they were sitting on.

"Go ahead and play kiddo I need to speak to Laney alone."

"Sans please don't say anything stupid I like Laney." The tiny brown hair boy signed before running off to meet Emily at the play ground.

" So you'r true colors finally show. Huh?"

"E-excuse me?"

"Come on kid I mean a human defending monsters it's kinda I dunno suspicious if ya ask me . And uh now that I heard eveythin I'm thinkin you'r nothin but a two face fake."

"Hey Skeleton man before you start anymore insults towards Lanes here maybe you should listen to what Laney was about to say to me." Sal interrupted as he takes another puff of his cigarette.

"Huh?"

" Just listen freak. Go ahead Laney say what you were going to say before we were rudely interrupted by the jack ass behind us." the tall brown boy finished as he opens his soft brown eyes towards his small friend.

"...What? That your an asshole for judging them? That maybe you should try talking to them cause the monster kind is so much kinder the humans? Even though there is a bony asshole behind us you have no right to treat them that way Sal. I love you but just stop and try talking to them before judging. Okay? " Laney replied with a sad smile while standing up from the park bench.

"Aye yai Captain Laney." the boy replied with a small salute.

"Who knows maybe I'll try to apply for that restaurant your working at. And give them a chance. Sound good?" Sal finished with a small wink towards his pigtail friend in hopes of cheering her up.

"Thanks you racist jack ass."

"No prob you detective bitch." Sal finished with a chuckle as he shakes his head by the way they would joke around with each other.

"......Hey Kiddo uh..."

"Sans I'm gonna leave Emily in your hands since she staying with Frisk tonight .... Tori can drop her off tomorrow. I-I have to get back to work." Laney mumbles under her breath as she begun to walk off to say goodbye to her younger sister and Frisk.