Chapter 13

Finally!!! The first chapter that I've typed without looking at the written copy! I hope my writing is better. Possibly. Maybe.

*****

Brian's POV

Ben and I sat in the hospital waiting room.

"Do you know where Chris is? It didn't answer the phone." I asked my best friend.

"Yeah. He was with his boyfriend and turned his phone off so they wouldn't be disturbed." Huh? I didn't know Chris was gay. Well, he does hang out with Kyler, and Kyler is gay. That makes sense... right? And why is Ben hanging out with them? Is that why he's always saying he's busy?

I can't believe I said no one loved Kyler. I didn't realize how screwed up his life was at home.

"Ben, what your relationship with Kyler?" He looked ate awkwardly. Great. I knew I shouldn't have asked him that. That sounds weirs coming from me.

"Kyler and I are just friends. I'm also friends with Chris."

"What?" He asked in disbelief. I honestly should have known. I'm a crappy friend.

"Kyler is a really cool dude. Sure he cries a lot, but he's really innocent " then he got serious and gave me a look as if I did something wrong. "You know, he's fragile and brakes easily. Not just on the outside, but on the inside as well. You need to be careful with him. I don't think teasing him is funal anymore, Brian. He was to die because us. You and I both. And Coulter too. He's suicidal and can't can't smile easily. Please don't be so hard on him, man. You know what goes on with him at home, it shouldn't have to happen at school too. He can't trust much anymore. He's been used too many times. He won't tell us- Chris and myself- anything more about his past or who he used to be friends with or how he got this way."

Ben is saying all of this at once, so its kind of overwhelming.

WAIT. Kylers past...

"Ben! I have his phone!" I yelled. He gave me a strange look. "We can search through this thing and find the contacts!" If he wants to know so bad, I won't be a jerk of a best friend and not tell him about the phone.

Ben's face lit up. I could tell he was truely happy.

"Yeah! Let's do it!"

***

We sat in my room. Its Saturday now so Ben could come over and we could make the calls we needed.

We opened his flip phone. Yes I just said flip phone. He's living old school.

(A/N- If you have a flip phone then that's cool B) Don't kill me. Kill Brian.)

We pulled the contacts up on the tiny phone and read through them. There were only eight. His parents, Ben and Chris, then some people named Parker Sheen, Channer Maslo, Trenton Carter, and a blocked number. Hm...

"Want to start with Parker?" Ben questioned. I nodded and Ben typed the number in his phone, putting it on speaker.

We were using his because we didn't know if they would pick up at Kyler's contact.

As soon as we thought no one was going to pick up, a voice cracked through the speakers.

"Hello, this is Parker. How may I help you?" It was a boy.

"Hello. My name is Ben and I'm here with my friend Brian." I said a little 'hi' in the background. "We saw you on Kylers contact list." We were met with silence for a little.

"Um, Are you still there, Parker?" I asked.

"Oh, yes yes. I'm still here. Is... Is he with you right now? I haven't gotten a call from him in... oh... two and a half years maybe. Wow... It's been that long. Sorry, is he okay?"

"He's not with us right now, but we would love to meet up with you. Would that be okay?" Ben spoke into the phone politely.

"Uh... Okay. Any friend of Kyler is a friend of mine. Are you near Tulip Garden? That park is the older one."

"Yeah. We can make it there. Thank you so much for your time. When would you like to meet up?" Ben spoke again.

"Is thirty five minutes okay?" He looked at me. I nodded and mouthed the words 'that's good'.

Will that even be enough time to call everyone and get there on time?

"That's good! Thank you so much again. We'll see you then." We got a short 'see you soon' then a repetitive beeping noise signaling that Parker had hung up.

"Okay." I spoke up. "One down three more to go." We both nodded and smiled.

So, we ended up making the calls we needed. We told them where to meet us and what time to be there. They all agreed easily so that went down nicely.

As Ben drove us to Tulip Garden- which we'd be about ten minutes late to meet them- I thought about the blocked number.

The boy's name is Zess Cross. Interesting name, yeah? He was a... different... character. He seemed kind of moody compared to the rest of the boys. Well, really moody. He also seemed shocked when he heard Kyler's name, but then went all moody again.

I wonder what they all look like. What kind of people Kyler hung out with. Did they look like him or were they just normal looking individuals?

Only one way to find out.

*****

YAY. ITS OUT. I'm so happy. I hope you ladies and gents like this chappy even though it's still short. I was going to make it longer, but really wanted to get one out there. Sorry for the wait!!!
I live you all. Excuse the mistakes if there are any. I haven't checked yet. Eheh.

BY THE WAY, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VOTES AND THE READS AND THE COMMENTS. I LOVE IT ALL. I FEEL LIKE WE ALL NEED TO BE A FAMILY. OH MY GOSH, I JUST LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I REALLY DO MEAN IT.

Have an amazing day, all of you lovelies! Until next time~ <3