Chapter 19

Kyler's POV

My arms stung as I walked into school the next day. I walked to my locker slowly and opened it weakly.

"Hey Ky. What's wrong? You don't look like you slept much last night."

"I'm fine, just still a little weak from the hospital visit still." I flat out lied. In actuality, I really didn't get any sleep last night. I was too busy cutting and feeling sick because of Mr. Arc. I even threw up a couple more times. I don't want him back in my life. As much as I act strong and talk back to him, he still terrifies me to the core.

"Well then, I hope you get your strength back throughout the day." He smiled.

"Thanks Chris." I gave him a weak smile back. "I'm going to head to class. I'll talk to you at lunch, kay?"

"Okay, bud. Stay strong." After getting all my books out that I needed for the day, I closed my locker hard enough to where it would lock closed. As I walked to class I got a dreadful feeling. I feel that this week will go by too quick.

***

Lunch came around all too quickly.

"Feeling any better?" Ben asked me as I sat down at our table. I gave him a confused glance and he elaborated. "Chris told me you looked tired and felt weak. You still look it, but I still wanted to ask anyways." I nodded in understanding.

I felt another presence at our lunch table before I could reply to Ben. He sensed it too because we both looked up. I watched as Brian nudged his head to the side, motioning for me to follow him. I was too drained to argue, so I stood up and sent a glance towards Ben. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Ben gave a suspicious look towards Brian, but nodded, somehow understanding that nothing would happen. Brian led me out of the lunchroom and into the boy's bathroom.

"I gave you time to rest." He said simply. "And time to think about what I said yesterday."

I had barely been able to think about our conversation yesterday. Mr. Arc had just come back into my life unexpectedly. And then there was the whole ordeal of seeing my old friends again and talking about my past with Fleture. Of course I couldn't think about anything besides him.

"I hadn't thought about it at all yesterday." I mumbled honestly. He gave me a look of disbelief.

"Kyler, I gave you all day yesterday. And you didn't think about it one bit?"

"I was... busy." I constructed my words carefully. I don't want him to question me more than he had to. It wasn't any of his business. He doesn't need to know about my therapist, or how close I was to killing myself last night. He doesn't need to know how much pain I feel over my family and how much my heart aches because of my feeling for him.

I still haven't processed the newfound feelings he has for me. Like, Brian Moore, my freaking bully from day one, likes me? How does that even happen? If he likes me, why would he beat me up everyday? Why cause me so much pain? I just don't get it.

"You were busy? With what? What could you possibly be doing that was more important than hearing your bully say he likes you?" He demanded. "I thought you would have given it more thought considering you like me and I confessed my feelings for you yesterday."

"Yes, I was busy." I confirmed. "I can't tell you what with, but I was and that's all you need to know." I huffed. I could see him fighting off the rage in his eyes. He wanted to lash out at something right then, just not me. "You're not playing with my emotions, are you?" I needed to confirm it. If I find out that it is a trick, I don't know what I will do.