Chapter 16

Kyler's POV

"My mom and dad got worse when I told them I wanted –no- needed, to transfer schools. It soon got to be too much. Everything was hard to keep up with. Me being gay ended up as a rumor for the way I "looked" then it got serious when they found pictures of... Zess and I online." I opened up awkwardly. You know, it's hard talking about things with your ex-boyfriend. "At first it was just light teasing. Then it progressed into a darker term. The physical abuse came into place. It just got out of hand. There was nothing I could do and you guys know that my parents would never help me out, no matter what the deal is. Like, they won't even hold a funeral for me when I die." I sighed deeply. My voice was horse and it hurt to talk so much.

"You're right. They won't hold a funeral for you when you die." Trenton stepped in. I was offended until he spoke his next words. "You won't die before them. You will stay strong and live a full life. I know you, and that means I know that you are a strong-willed person." He looked at me intensely waiting for my answer. He wants to hear something amazing come out of my mouth. Something that shows him that I am totally fine and will be okay from here on out.

Trenton is so wrong though. Does he really expect the me now to believe the words he says? I, myself, know that I have changed considerably since that day I cheated on him. Therefore, I said the only logical answer that I could think of.

"Thank you."

I think I sounded hollow, -or maybe that was all in my head- but by the looks on their faces, I could tell they knew I didn't believe Trenton one bit. It was quiet for a minute until Parker spoke up.

"Kyler... We aren't upset with you, okay? We may not know why you... uh... cheated... but we know that you would have never done it on your own accord. You two loved each other too much for anything to happen. Can you just tell us why?"

"Please do tell." Zess said moodily. I understand why he's heated, there is no doubt about that. I sighed. I haven't talked to anyone about this since I broke up with Zess. I didn't even tell him! I had a miniature debate in my head, going back and forth on whether to tell them or not. I decided to just tell them though. After all, they do have the right to know. Especially Zess.

"You guys do have the right. I'm not going to deny that." I looked at their mixed-emotioned faces. I guess I really do have to come out with it.

"It all started with Fleture..."

***Flashback to when it started between Kyler and Fleture***

"Kyler." Fleture said in a 'cute' tone. He has been trying to get with me for a while now, but Zess is my boyfriend. I would never try anything with Fleture. Even if he is super freaking attractive and could so be boyfriend material.

He slung an arm around my shoulder while we were sitting on my bed in my room. His arm was heavy with muscle. He had a nice, fit body and was the star captain of the football team. He was always so warm. He's just like a huge teddy bear that you can't resist. A limited time offer that will never be released again if you don't grab it.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked me while nuzzling his face into my neck. This is a regular occurrence.

"Yes, and you know I'm taken, right?" I tried pushing him off, but he was too persistent. This boy...

Somehow, today felt different. I got a different feeling from him than usual. Something just felt... off. He seemed more loving towards me and overly clingy. It was... weird? Maybe?

I turned to him and said, "What's up with you today?" He pulled his face away from my neck, leaving it feeling cold.

"What are you talking about?" He said in confusion.