Chapter 15

Brian's POV

We all got out of the truck while Zess jumped off the trunk. As we walked into the hospital, the air instantly smelled of hospital smells. Gross.

Ben and I walked up to the front desk with Kyler's previous friends following closely behind. The nice oldish lady at the front told us where to go and then we were off.

"So, we are going to see Kyler... Wow..." Parker said in amazement. Yet there seemed to be a hint of fear in his voice mixed with nervousness.

I suppose he would be nervous. They haven't seen him in so long. We stopped at the door to his room. Okay. Let's do this.

Kyler's POV

I was resting my eyes until I hear the hospital room's door click open. I groggily turned my head to the side and waited for whoever was there to walk in. At first I saw my nightmare walk in with Ben, but then I saw four people that I never thought I'd ever see again.

What are they doing here?! They... They can't be here! I look so pathetic right now. I had  totally forgotten about everyone around me until I saw the one person that I felt the most pain over. Its not his fault. Its mine. I left. I caused the pain, but I couldn't do what I did to him anymore. I couldn't live with that. Zess is too perfect for what I did to him...

We just stared at each other for what felt like the longest time. I was snapped out of my daze when forever little Channer bounced over to me, saying the nickname he'd given me so many years ago in the process.

"Ky-Ky! Ky-Ky!" he yelled quietishly. He obviously didn't want to be too loud since we are in a hospital.

"Hey little man. How've you been, bud?" I spoke out in a raspy voice.

"I've been good. Parker takes good care of me!" He widely smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Of course he does." I patted Channer's turquoise colored hair. He's too sweet for his own good. 

Then I heard the door, once again, open, but this time with a loud bang. I saw Chris round the corner in a hurry. He stumbled over to me, not seeming to notice the people around him.

"Oh my lord, Kyler sweety. You gave me such a fright." he was being calm, but I could tell in his eyes that he wanted to yell in worry. As he pulled me up in a light hug, the blanket that was draped over me fell downwards. I didn't think much of it until I saw the facial expression Zess was making. That's when I realized what he was looking at.

Parker, Channer, and Trenton were talking among themselves and Ben and Brian were chatting a little. So none of them seemed to notice what was going on.

Zess came over to me and forced Chris off of my body.

"What the heck, man?" Chris looked at my former lover strangely. Zess paid no attention to him, though. He was too focused on lifting up my exposed arm in a gentle way. He stared at both of my limbs intensely before lifting his gaze up to my eyes. I wanted to look away, but his eyes seemed to stick themselves to mine.

"Kyler... What... What are these on your arms? Why do you have these scars? Who could do this to you? How could anyone hurt you like that? Who was it?" He was asking too many questions at once. I couldn't keep up with him. The room had gotten significantly quiet. It felt weird to have all the attention on me. I didn't like it one bit.

"They aren't anything to worry about Zess... I'm fine." I was trying to avoid the questions as much as I could. He obviously noticed because he brought it up.

"Don't avoid the subject," he didn't sound rude at all. More hurt than anything. Probably because I would tell him everything when we were dating. Even before we got together, I talked to him about everything and anything. He did the same to me. We were stuck like glue. I loved him. I loved him so much I would die for him, but... I did such an awful thing. He doesn't hate me for it. At the same time, I didn't tell him everything. I couldn't get it out. I felt too guilty.  "I'm going to ask again, who did this awful thing to you?"

"Nobody did it to me."

"Kyler, please. Please tell me what happened. You couldn't have..." his face turned to pure pain and agony.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I finally had the chance to look away from him. It hurts too much to see. He never looks like this. I've never seen him so hurt. More hurt than when I ended it between us.

"Kyler," Parker pulled Zess away. He came over to me and pulled up a chair next to me, sitting down. He almost started to speak, but turned to Chris, Ben, and Brian. "Could the three of you give the five of us a moment alone? We need to have a private conversation."

They looked hesitant, but nodded and left.

Feeling exhausted, I turned to look at all my... friends... Are we still friends? I did just get up and leave. Do they even actually like me anymore? Look at me. I'm disgusting. Who would like me? I'm lucky that I got Chris and Ben. Zess probably told them- Parker, Channer, and Trenton- what I did to him. They would hate me for sure. I hate to think about it. I hate admitting to what I did. I hate that I even did it. I'm so stupid. Zess was the best thing thing that had ever happened to me...

"Kyler," Parker started again, "what's going on?" I looked at him. I couldn't hold in my feeling. I broke down and sobbed. I felt all their arms wrap around me. I miss this. I miss this so much. I miss their touch. They loved me like no one else did. They were there for me whenever I needed them.

If only I didn't leave.

If only I told the full truth.

If only I knew that they would understand.

If only I didn't do what I did to Zess.

If only I hadn't cheated on him...

-------

WELCOME TO 2017. HOPEFULLY ITS BETTER THAN THE CRAPPY 2016. Because 2016 sucked.

Another chapter is out! This is also my longest one cx

Thank you for your reads and votes. They mean so much. I wish I could give you all something super special besides my love.

Have a great day/night!