Chapter 20

Brian's POV

I was waiting impatiently at home. I still had a few hours to kill before I needed to head over to Kyler's house. I decided to play Mario Party with 50 turns. That'll definitely pass the time. I know it's sad to play alone since it should be played with multiple people, but it's fine for now. I'll just call Ben over next time.

I chose Boo, my favorite, and started the game. Time seemed to fly by as I checked the time halfway through the game. I was currently in second place with 4 stars while freaking Princess Peach was in first with 5 stars. At least I have more money than her, so I can actually buy the stars instead of wasting it. Also, it helps when we have to put in money into a mini game or when Bowser steals your money. I swear to god I'm not losing this game.

I had a quarter left to go and I saw that I needed to head over in twenty minutes. I should finish this quickly. When I was almost done I heard my door creak open swiftly. I turned around in surprise from the sudden sound. I looked up to see Seth, the perfect person. The person my parents love most. The person I resent most in the world. And he just happens to be my freaking brother. I hate him. He's the cause of all my stress and anger. Stress and anger issues don't mix together, especially when it involves family.

"Hey little brother." He looked at my TV screen and saw my almost finished game. "Oh, can I play the next game with you? It'll be great for brother to brother bonding time." He smiled. He knows I hate him and he wants to get into my life and patch things up anyways. Like I'd let that happen though.

"No." I said, shutting off the TV right as he finished his sentence. "I'm going somewhere right now" I said, getting up and putting a jacket on. It's just now starting to get colder outside so it's much needed.

"Where to? It's already this late." He said in confusion.

"So what? I'm in high school now. Get off my back about it." I sneered. He was unfazed by it though because he is used to it by now.

"Look Brian, I'm not letting you go out and that's final."

"For god's sake Seth, it's only eight o'clock. It's fine. Curfew is at 11 so I don't need to worry about it. Besides I promised I'd be there. They need me and that's final. I'm not leaving them alone, especially not tonight." I said 'they' because he didn't need to ask anything about gender. He's already been suspecting something. I don't know how because I don't tell him anything and I haven't really mentioned boys besides Ben and some other friends. Maybe it's because Ben and I sleep at each other's houses a lot. I mean, I guess that would raise some questions.

"Brian... are you getting into... bad stuff? You aren't doing drugs are you?" He asked going slightly pale with a dreadful look settled on his face.

"Oh my god, of course not. I'm not stupid, Seth. I know right from wrong." I rolled my eyes before checking my phone. I saw that it was starting to get later than it should. He's probably freaking out by now and thinking a bunch of thoughts that he shouldn't be. "Look, I have to go now. They're probably stressing out by now. I'm leaving and you can't force me to stay here. Bye," I pushed passed him even though he tried to block me. Our parents are early sleepers, so they were in bed by now. They are also both heavy sleepers so they never wake up in the middle of the night.

Seth followed me down the steps and outside all the way to my car.

"Brian, get back inside!" I got in and drove off before he could complain more and hop into my car. I got so lucky that my parents were in bed. They would hound me even more than my brother. Of course he gets to be out later then I can. He's only two years older than me for Pete's sake. I don't care if he's freaking 19 years old. I still consider that a teenager. Hint the word 'teen' at the end.