Conversion Academy {5}

My alarm went off, scaring the shit out of me. I smacked my phone until it stopped screaming at me and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

I had trouble adjusting to unfamiliar rooms, so last night had involved a lot of tossing and turning. I looked over and saw that Leo was already up and digging around for clothes.

He noticed me and gave a nod of acknowledgement before turning back to his closet in search of clothes. I tossed my covers off and jumped out of bed, momentarily forgetting the height and wincing as my feet hit the ground.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and slipped my feet into sandals before leaving the room. The bathroom was a few doors down from our room, and still pretty quiet. There were two other guys in there sleepily brushing their teeth and I joined them, glad we were all too tired for conversations. Bathroom introductions were always uncomfortable.

When I was done brushing my teeth, I left the bathroom and nearly ran right into Siggy and some other guy in a blue vest. The other guy shoved me back roughly.

"Watch where you're going," he said, glaring.

"Uh...sorry," I said, confused. Siggy watched in boredom.

"Drop it, Cam. We have shittier people to deal with than some half-awake suck-up," Siggy said.

"Don't run into me again," the guy, Cam, snarled at me. He turned away and nodded at Siggy. "Let's go, Sig. Make sure everyone is out of their rooms on time. And watch Leo. Little bitch skipped class again yesterday and the guards never found him."

"I'll go give him a warning. I'll make sure he's out in time," Siggy said, and the two continued on down the hallway. Siggy didn't bother to look at me.

I hurried down the hall and slipped past the two as they stopped in a doorway, banging on the door. I went into my room, where Leo was now dressed in his uniform.

"What the hell is up with that Siggy kid?" I asked, and quickly explained what had just happened.

"Oh, that. Sig can't let the Blues know he's friends with us. If they know, he'll get in trouble. They might even suspect that he's talking to his brother still. Just go along with it, pretend you hate the guy, or pretend you don't know him. I don't care. Just don't get Sig in trouble. He's not someone you want as enemy," Leo said, shrugging.

Our door flung open, scaring both of us. Siggy and Cam stood in the doorway, Sig looking like he couldn't care less about us and Cam looking both angry and smug.

"You both better be out of the dorms in time for class. Especially you." Cam pointed at Leo. "Your teachers will have a special lesson for you."

"I keep waiting for the day someone murders you for pounding on the doors so early in the morning. I can't wait to piss all over your grave," Leo said.

"Tuck your shirt in. You look like the worthless trash you are. No one wants to see it," Siggy said.

Leo looked down at his messily untucked shirt. "It's a fashion statement. You should try it sometime. You should also try a haircut."

"I'm truly insulted. Just get to class," Siggy said, leaving the doorway. Cam glared at us before slamming our door shut with more force than was necessary.