Conversion Academy {19}

I sat at my desk, finishing up my homework. Leo was sitting on his bed with Mikayla, helping her with her math homework.

Kaz and I had kissed away our lunch period before returning to classes and acting like everything was normal. Right now, we were all getting our homework done before we hung out.

I was still worried about Kaz and me getting caught. If we started a relationship, everyone would know soon enough. But what happened then? I didn't want to be used to hurt Kaz. Low key also didn't want to get hurt myself, but you know.

Our door was suddenly flung open and I jumped in surprise. I turned just as Siggy slammed the door shut, his eyes locking onto Leo and Mikayla.

"Did you know?" he demanded, voice furious.

"Know what?" Leo asked in confusion. "Sig, you've got to be more specific here. Kaz does a lot of sketchy shit."

"Not Kaz," Siggy said, clenching his fists. "Pete."

"Pete?" Mikayla said in surprise. "What about Pete?"

"He stopped taking his pills!" Siggy snapped. "I went in there to talk to Kaz and Pete just about killed me with his bare hands. He's refusing to take the medication that alters his mood."

Leo and Mikayla jumped off the bed. I got up and followed all of them out into the hallway and down to Kaz's and Pete's room.

We went inside and Pete glared at us. Kaz and Beckett were sitting on Kaz's bed, Kaz at ease despite the situation.

"Get the fuck out, Siggy!" Pete snarled.

"They're going to send you back to Constance," Siggy warned.

Pete gave him a dangerous grin. "Good. Let them. I'd love to punch that fucker in the face."

"Pete, you have to take your meds. You have to," Mikayla said.

"Why?" Pete said, rounding on her now. "Because I'm dangerous when I'm off of them? Guess what Mikayla; we're all dangerous here, but I'm the only one forced into a drugged euphoria constantly. Do you know what it feels like to have your whole personality repressed by a few pills? I'm fucking sick of it. I'm fucking sick of people like Constance pushing me around because I can't fight back. I'm not taking those damn pills anymore, and I'm going to raise some hell."

"Kaz, you're not going to do anything about this?" Siggy said, gesturing to Pete.

"What do you want me to do? It's not my decision," Kaz said with a shrug. "Besides, I already warned Pete here that once withdrawal hits, he'll be begging for his meds back. He just came off his morning dose a little while ago. It won't be long until he gets sick."

"Whatever. Don't make this my problem," Siggy said and left the room.

"Fuck you, Kaz. You think you know everything," Pete said.

"I do know that you can't just cut yourself off of pills you've been on for over year and not suffer withdrawal. You're an addict, Pete. If you really wanted to get off those pills, you'd need professional help doing it," Kaz said.

"The fuck do you know about professional help? You need it and you've never gotten it before, you damn klepto," Pete shot.

Kaz shrugged. "Guilty as charged. Really, I don't have a comeback for that one." He leaned back against the wall. "Look, if you don't want to live out your days drugged up, that's fine. But I doubt your parents or your body will cooperate with that."