Conversion Academy {10}

Leo and I dressed into our uniforms in the morning. My anxiety was off the charts since I knew we'd find out about Kaz's latest plan soon. If it was something bad, then I was going to get dragged along with him when he was punished.

Our door opened and Siggy came in, kicking it shut. "Tell Kaz to watch the kid. Cam told Emmett what happened. I convinced Townsend to let this incident go."

"Go tell Kaz this. I'm not your message man," Leo said. He paused and made a face. "Last time I said that, some moron made a Twenty One Pilots reference as if that phrase didn't exist until they made a song about it. I hate people that made song and band references for no reason."

"I'm going to stop your rant and inform you that I don't give a shit," Siggy said. "Just tell Kaz. Cam is already in his room or I'd do it myself."

Siggy left the room and Leo knelt down to tie his shoes. "You get my frustration, right Killian? Pity party was a term before what's her face. Phoenixes were a thing before Fall Out Boy. You can have a parade without My Chemical Romance being involved. Get it?"

"I get it," I said. "Calm down, Leo. Too early in the morning for this."

"It's just a pet peeve of mine," Leo said, standing up and grabbing his bag. "Let's go. Someone else will appreciate my rant." He walked out of the room. "Don't forget to lock the door."

"You said the word door. Is that a Panic! At The Disco reference? They have a song with the word door in it," I said.

"I will literally stab you in the face," Leo said.

"Fair enough." I locked the door and followed after Leo down the hallway.

We met up with the others in the hallway, Leo whispering something to Kaz, and filed out of the dorm buildings. Kaz was looking around, sticking close to Pete as Pete took his medications.

"Where's Beckett?" Leo asked.

"If I knew, would I be looking for him?" Kaz said.

"I don't need this sass right now. Mika! Listen to my rant about annoying people who relate everything back to bands," Leo said, grabbing her arm as he launched back into his rant.

I shifted so that I was next to Kaz. "Who's Emmett?"

"Beckett's older brother," Kaz said. "He's a Blue, and an obnoxious one."

"Kaz!"

Beckett caught up to us. Kaz stepped away from me to make room for Beckett. Beckett shot me a dirty look before taking the spot next to Kaz.

"My dad told me I'm only allowed to be with you guys if I tell him first," Beckett grumbled. "I'm assuming that Siggy convinced him to stop trying to keep me away from you guys. Probably something about how it was only teaching me to sneak around behind his back. I haven't seen Emmett yet, but he'll be coming after one of us."

"Go for the knees," Kaz said, and Beckett grinned a little.

Oh dear lord. I was watching a criminal teach an 11 year old boy how to fight dirty. I was 17 and I didn't even know how to fight dirty. Or how to fight in general. My idea of fighting was to drop on the ground and scream.