Conversion Academy {22}

I woke up and looked around. "Where did Kaz go?" I asked Leo, noticing that he was awake.

"He was going to help Pete get ready. Pete really fucked up his knee when he fell on Kaz," Leo said, jumping out of his bed.

Leave it to Kaz. He goes out of his way to help a guy who injured himself trying to hurt Kaz.

I got out of bed and went down to the bathroom with my stuff. I showered and brushed my teeth, heading to the room and getting dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to calm my anxiety. I had run it over and over in my mind until I fell asleep last night, and this choice was the best one for me.

Leo waited until I was ready and we left the room together. We caught up to the others in the hallway, making our way out of the dorm together.

Pete was leaning heavily on Kaz as he limped along. Kaz didn't seem to mind it, even though Pete had hurt him.

I stepped up next to Kaz and glanced at Pete. He seemed higher than usual, probably off of all the pain meds he was taking for his knee.

"Kaz, when do you think Constance will find me?" I asked.

Kaz shrugged. "Probably after class. He'll expect you to go crazy with anxiety all day."

"Well, he's not wrong," I grumbled.

"There's no reason to be anxious. Whatever choice you make, it'll be for the best," Kaz said.

Goddamn him for caring about others more than himself. Goddamn him for not caring if he got hurt as long it meant I was happier.

"Kaz," I said, because I had to know now that I was in a position where I could hurt him. "Did you forgive Aaron for hurting you?"

He looked at me curiously. "Aaron wasn't exactly the most...sane."

"So you did forgive him," I said. "Let me just tell you, if I knew where Aaron whatever his last name is lived, I would put ketchup packets under his toilet seats and replace his shampoo with Nair."

Kaz laughed a little. "Cruel, O'Malley. I really hope you don't do that to my ex boyfriend, Aaron Kizziar, whose address can be found when you Google his name. Really hope you don't find him."

I snickered but then paused. Kaz said he didn't like my name, but he'd never said why. Maybe I was just reaching here, but Killian and Kizziar were pretty damn close in spelling.

"O'Malley is long. You can call me Malley," I said.

"It's one letter shorter."

"Fuck you I'm trying to be nice."

"You're not very good at it."

"Shut up and accept me being nice you piece of shit."

He smirked and helped Pete into the academic building. We all took our seats and waited for Mr. Sternberg to start class.

I drummed my fingers on my desk, unable to stop thinking about Constance. Everything was going to change no matter what I choose. But the decision I made was stressing me out.