Ch.11 - The Agreement

This was without a doubt the best class period I've had all month

The look on a certain princess's face says it all. Even though the whole charade is long over, Patience is still forcing all her frustrations onto her pencil and paper, doing everything she possibly can to keep from looking to this side of the room. She looks like she's going to have a conniption after class. I wonder, should I feel guilty right now? Probably not, payback is payback.

I glance back up at Mr.Coleman, once again in full on professor mode, totally immersed in teaching his lesson. That man really loves his job. When he does anything involving a chalk board, he gets this glint in his eyes. He'd probably enjoy it all more if I wasn't a student in his class. I seem to be that one annoying smudge he can never seem to wash off his beloved whiteboard.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Patience is going to blow the whistle on me if I don't help her out. Or at least that's what she claims. I haven't even agreed to her terms yet, and I already feel like she's holding me to it. How, or more importantly WHERE, am I supposed to train this chick? I can't exactly waltz her into Buff's gym and have her do squats in front of thirty convicts. I looked over to Patience, intently studying her features. For the second time, might I add.

Yeah, definitely not. Sure she's a bit scrawny, but with a face like hers, I would probably end up in a confrontation in less than an hour. Some of those guys may be chill, but hey, they're still crooks. Aren't I one to talk...as if I'm any better.

"So about our deal-" I started to speak. The sentence made it halfway out before I was interrupted by the loud rings of the school bell. Truly, amazing timing. Now, we'll have to settle all this else where. Rolling my eyes, I gathered my stuff and tried walking out the classroom door. Key word: tried. My efforts were blocked by a massive wall of my fellow block headed classmates. Maybe its some weird mentality issue us teenagers seem to have, but why the heck does everyone decide to huddle like frigging penguins around the door, then trample each other just to get out of a room? You'd think the room was on fire the way all these people crowd around one exit. What really got me peeved was Patience. She shot clear across the room so quick, I swear I saw a trail of smoke and footprints burned into the ground behind. She was out the door before the first person even got out of their chair. If I had speed like that, I'd be able to knock out guys in the cages five times faster.

Not liking the ever growing struggle of getting out the door at the same time as others, I cleared my way by simply shoving the two guys in front of me. One grunted loudly and the other slightly lost his footing. After processing what happened they both glared at me. I don't have time for this. Beginning to walk in the direction Patience took off in, I only slightly turned my head so I could see the two guys out the corner of my right eye. You never turn your back on an potential opponent.

"Walking out the door like a normal person, and I won't do it again." I retorted coldly. Both guys backed down and went about their own business.

After around a minute or so of acting like a greyhound following a scent, I spotted Patience talking to a blonde with a bob cut against some lockers. She looks familiar...Isn't that the led foot lunatic that tried to run me over this morning?!