Ch.32 - The Party

I went storming through the crowd of raving students like a demon was on my heels

I went storming through the crowd of raving students like a demon was on my heels. Fortunately, said demon in particular was not. Though I could feel his eyes on my retreating form.

I had goosebumps, and not from the cold room or this stupid flimsy dress Faye made me borrow. But his hands.

I could still feel his stupid hands.

I didn't want to accept that he'd made my body jittery and full of warmth. No, that's over. And if it isn't yet, it will be. I won't allow myself to fall for a jerk like him.

My mind went back to earlier this week before I found out he'd been suspended. I'd only stopped briefly to watch the fiasco before shaking my head and walking away from the mass of onlooking students. I guess even his friends weren't off-limits when it came to causing havoc.

And to think I'd started worrying about him again after I made it home that night.

Nope. Not again.

He was trouble. So much absolute trouble. Always arguing. Always bleeding or making someone else bleed. Always pushing the boundaries of those around him. That should worry me. That's supposed to worry me.

I have to accept that Dean isn't a good person.

I've spent ridiculous amounts of time nursing my anger toward him and depriving myself of this stupid crush. Yet, the second I make contact with him again, all that work is for naught. Trampled by a stuttering heart, nauseating butterflies, and the ghosts of those large hands still whispering across my skin.

I had to catch myself from falling after nearly tripping over a pile of extension cords that were laying across the dusty concrete floor. I marched across the huge space to Faye, who was resting happily on a huge pile of slabbed concrete with a drink in hand. When she saw my approach she jumped down in alarm.

"Patience? What's wrong?" Faye was suddenly at my side.

"I'm starting to regret coming tonight....", I mumbled. It was a miracle she heard me despite the loud music and screaming teenagers. But, my friend was an excellent lip reader.

"What?! We haven't even been here long, what happened?"

I resisted the urge to scan my eyes through the crowd for the one face I currently wanted to slap for making me feel the way I always did around him.

"Dean," was my only response to her.

Faye's eyes widened a little before her face contorted into a scowl, dramatically rolling her eyes for added measure. "Figures. Of course, a guy like him would show up to an illegal party."

The angry, fire-breathing side of me hatefully agreed. But deep down that little love-struck school girl currently locked away bristled and wanted to get defensive.