Ch.27 - The Stranger

Fasa

Fasa.

Of all people to run into on the street, he's the one to come my way. Of all people, I get spotted by Omarr friggin' Shaw's overgrown bloodhound. Christ, there's no telling how long he's been shadowing us. Considering I'd usually pride myself on being perceptive, the oversight irks me even more.

Over the distance of an entire city block and loads of everyday people going about their lives, the man's sharpened gaze is already connecting with my own surprised one. When I see the faint yet expectant nod of his head, vigilant eyes never wavering, I know he's silently demanding me to come over. The suffocating nuisance known as dread creeps it's way up my insides, just as familiar as it always is whenever anything Omarr "Mars" Shaw related rears its piss ugly head in my life. "Dean....", the hesitant, demure voice beside me starts up, however, whatever else that she may have been said only registers as white noise to my ears. As if making a silent threat, our pursuer takes a few slow steps forward, his freaking colossal size evident with his heavy gait.

He always did look like a juice-head.

Soft yet forceful hands tug down on my bicep, and like pulling my head out of water, the world snaps back to my senses clearly. "Dean, what is up with you? Who's...", Patience didn't have a chance to finish her sentence before I spoke up.

"Stay here a second, alright?" I still feel the hand on my arm, though my gaze just isn't able to leave the man. Fasa has leaned himself up against the support of a rusty chainlink fence, casually lighting a cigarette. The fact that he's ceased his following and isn't even bothering to keep a watchful eye over here raises me from irritated to straight pissed off. He knows I'll walk over there like an obedient mutt to its master, otherwise, his boss will just find me later. By then there will be hell to pay.

"Why? Who is he?"

I don't bother containing my irritated growl, finally looking at her with a sharp glare. "You and the questions. Just stay, will ya?"

"If I didn't know better I'd say you just confused with a dog. Just tell me-"

My mounting temper flares.

"Why are you being so difficult?" I bark at her, my aggravation growing at the comment. I realize the fact that I cut her off, which will only prompt her to prolong our bickering. Those ever expressive eyes flash dangerously, so just as she's opening her mouth, I skip the confrontation altogether. Marching off toward the current cause of our issue, I turn around once more to point to the ground and order Patience to stay put.

Thoroughly tensed and determined not to show it, I walk over to Fasa eager to just get this meeting over with. Just as I'm approaching he closes his eyes and takes a drag of the cigarette between his fingers, blowing a cloud of smoke out from between his lips. The strong burn of nicotine fills my nostrils as he holds it out to me arching his brow in a silent offer, I just stare at him with an icy glare. So not in the mood for this.