Chapter 5

A/N: So here is chapter 5! I have the video posted for this chapter like I had promised from the previous chapter A/N. Please forgive any typing errors you may encounter and any OOC. I don't think it is that bad ehehe ^^; hope you all agree and enjoy this chapter. Updates for this one are slower than the other two stories, I know, so please forgive me if updates aren't as quick as my other stories. And quick note: I know that I may be switching back and forth between how I write out the squad names, but I am still trying to figure out how best to sync them (what 'feels' right)--any thoughts?

Thank you to all fans and unknown readers lol You guys are great ^^ Thanks for your comments and support on this story and my others. It really means alot ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of a sickle being spun around was heard in different pitches ranging from gentle swoops to quick whistles. Isako stayed concentrated as she spun both ends of her weapon; twisting, summersaulting in midair, and ducking gracefully out of the way of her chained sickle.

Irritated and also embarrassed was what she was right now. She had woken that morning to find herself in an unfamiliar room. Well, she couldn’t exactly say it wasn’t completely unfamiliar—it had the same floor plan as hers, but just in reverse. Thankfully she didn’t find anyone in the room with her or that she was lying naked in said anyone’s room (thank the gods!). Instead, she had been lying with her head on a table with a blanket draped over her shoulders. It had taken her awhile to stretch out her sore and stiff joints, and wasted not a single moment after as she left the room through the sliding doors to the porch; disappearing in a flash so that no one would see where she had been…wherever it was that she had found herself to be.

She twisted her body as she ducked under the chain before yanking back on the same chain, and letting her sickle fly past her face at such a furious and lethal speed. It was all just so irritating! And what was more, was that she only vaguely remembered what had happened after her tenth cup of sake with-

Isako’s eyes widened in sudden realization, “Oh.My.God…”

Her sickle came swinging back around as soon as all the slack was used up in the chain. Isako felt the sudden slack in the chain and with a curse, she jumped up, and back flipped over the oncoming blade.

 With the ball end of her chained weapon, she spun it around a few quick times before letting it fly forward a few yards and yanking back on it, as well as the sickle. The sickle spun her way at the same time that the ball end was returning to her. She let her hold on the chain go and caught both dangerous ends at the same time with her arms crossed in front of her. She then let out an angry cry as she put her weapon back in spinning motion, this time with much more force and speed. She could only hope that nothing bad had happened in her incoherent state last night, but…what if she had said or done something bad? Despite the good terms that she and her lieutenant were on, she still had the bottled up emotions of how he made her feel, both good and also bad with a heavy sting of resentment for all the times he treated her in the past. She swallowed hard for a moment, before making her weapons spin even faster and putting all of her attention and concentration over her whistling weapon.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He couldn’t help but stop and watch her from a distance. He had been on his way to find a quiet place to work on his piece for the Seireitei Magazine, believing that the woman in his room was still sleeping, when he had heard the sound of a constant humming- no, now whistling noise coming from the training grounds of his division. He followed it and there she was…He couldn’t quite describe what it was he was seeing from the rough and violent woman who regularly caused trouble for many with her antics, but it was like…she was dancing…and with her Zanpakuto. The two seemed to be at harmony with each other and Isako’s graceful seeming movements as she spun her weapon and twisted, ducked, and stepped to the side out of its way further added to the beauty of her routine.