Chapter 6

A/N: I apologize greatly to all of you who have been waiting so long for an update on this story. I had hit a bit of a speed bump with this chapter, but have things back under control. It had already helped that I had most of this chapter written, so despite work, as well as the attention I've been heavily givving to another otf my stories,  I was able to quickly (finally!)  finish up this chapter. Hope there aren't too many punctuation or spelling errors in this one.

Hope you all enjoy and thanks for your patience. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tossen stared down at the paperwork he was still doing as he had told his 3rd Seat the reason for the meeting and the decisions reached during said meeting. He had already foreseen what the female shinigami would say, and he was right;

“No.” Was the simple answer given by the woman.

 “You are to leave tomorrow with him to the academy. The decision was made finale by the Head Captain himself.”

Isako growled as she clutched the ink brush in her hands, almost causing it to snap in two. “And if I don’t do it?” She tested.

“One month without pay.” Tossen said with indifference.

“Heh,” The irritated 3rd Seat went back to her doodling, “The Old Man had better not get upset at me if someone ends up in 4th Division care then.” A few angered comments were then muttered by the woman as she aggressively scribbled now.

“You must refrain from any violence when there, Tsuchiya. You will be there to demonstrate—not fight.” The 9th Division Captain warned.

Isako smirked, “I guess that’s why you’re having him go along—to babysit, right?”

“Lieutenant Hisagi is going for the same reason as you. Academy students are more likely to pay attention to top high ranking officers, than unseated ones.”

“Hmph, staring at us like a bunch of little fan boys and girls will be what they’ll do instead.” Isako muttered, before raising her voice back to normal levels, “I don’t see why I was the one picked to go. You couldn’t have asked our 4th or even 5th Seat to go instead? Hell, even our 10th Seat would do.”

“You were specifically chosen for this.”

Isako rolled her eyes, “By the Old Man, right?”

“No, not by the Head Captain.”

The 3rd Seat turned her head to face her captain and she blinked, puzzled. “By who then?”

“That, I will not say-.”

“Hmph,” Isako shrugged her shoulders and went back to completing her doodle; a very cartoonish looking Head Captain with sharp teeth, horns on his head, and wild looking eyes, with a flaming background and the words, “Hell Personified”, above his head.

“Like it really matters to me anyway.” She mumbled.

Tossen placed another signed document in his finished pile before he reached for another to complete, “Then why did you even ask?” he calmly asked.

The red-head’s mood sank even further in irritation and anger.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Lieutenant and 3rd Seat of the Ninth Division entered the Academy grounds, causing many of the students passing by to stare, whisper, and point in awe of having members of the Thirteen Court Guard Squad’s 9th Division on the grounds.