Chapter 8

A/N: Yay, another update for BS! XD Enjoy and the usual warning of language ahead. Thanks for reading, fanning, and voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Outta my way—move!”

Several shinigami that were more towards the front of the gathered crowd at the news of latest events looked behind them to see the top of a head of red quickly approaching; pushing through the crowd while those that took a quicker notice of who exactly it was, moved away to give the fiery red-head the space she demanded to get through the throng of soul reapers.

“Isako, calm down a minute!” They witnessed the Lieutenant of Squad Nine trekking after the Third Seat of the same squad.

She gave Hisagi no mind as she made it through the crowd of Sixth Division soul reapers that were waiting to hear further details of the news from their Lieutenant and Captain who were, for the time being, holed up in the office making preparations to leave to the World of the Living.

“Abarai, Kuchiki; get your asses out here!” She banged on the door.

“Hey, you aren’t allowed on Sixth Division grounds! Leave!” One of the newest of Sixth Division members tried to assert his authority over the non-Sixth Division members. All it took was putting his hand on the woman’s shoulder for her to whip around, his hand and wrist in her hand, and flip him over hard on his back with ease.

“I’m not in the mood for any Sixth Division crap. Don’t. Mess. With me.” She released the twisted hold she had of the man and went back to banging on the door, demanding to see the two inside.

As soon as she had found out who had been tasked with going to the World of the Living to retrieve Rukia, she had rushed over to have her word with Renji and Byakuya—though she knew the latter would not be the one to hear her out. Tousen had not returned to the squad’s barracks yet and she wasn’t in any mood to wait for his return to hear the details of what had been relayed through the Hell Butterfly, so she had taken matters into her own hands—much to Hisagi’s dismay as he made to stop her, but was thus far failing. With the news of Rukia, it was like the woman had shut out everything and everyone around her out. She was on fire and nothing looked to be able to extinguish her raging flames. After what he saw her do to that shinigami just then, he knew it best not to interfere until she got exactly what she wanted—an explanation.

Everyone drew quiet as they head the door slide open and witnessed their Captain and Lieutenant making their way out. They walked passed, not giving Isako or Hisagi any glance. Isako knew she would get that from Byakuya, but Renji as well? She quickly moved to place herself in their path.

“Hey, what’s the meaning of all this? Why is Rukia being arrested?” Byakuya simply closed his eyes and moved to walk around the woman, but his haori was grabbed from behind much to the shock of the rest of the people there—fearful of their Captain’s reaction. “Hey! I was talking to you, Noble.”

She made sure to be as offending as possible. It was the only way she’d get any response from the man at all.

“You have no business here; go back to your own division, Tsuchiya. I have current business to attend to.”

“Like arresting your little sister, right? Pft, nothing but a simple go-fer, huh? Whipped noble.” The noble narrowed his eyes dangerously and several people stepped back with nervous murmurs.

Renji grabbed at his friends shoulder and jerked her away from his Captain, “The Captain’s right; you have no business being here, Isako. Go back to your own division like he said.” He put on a much stronger air of authority than the first person who had tried to make her leave. Isako turned her irritation to Renji, grabbing at his wrist and twisting, right at the same moment the Lieutenant grabbed at her arm to keep from applying anymore pressure. “Dammit, what the hell is your problem!?” he growled.