Chapter 7

A/N: Finally an update for this story! I'm so sorry! This is a little longer than the usual chapter and hope it was worth the wait. Working on returning everyone's comments and messages, so please bare with me. Thanks for reading and fanning and over all dealing with me!

_________________________________________________________________

He smiled, the warmth and kindness of it drawing her in. It always did when she would first see him near their usual meeting place by the river. He would always sit with her on the tree branch over that same river, and they would look out across the serene landscape, always smiling. She especially loved to see his smile on breezy days. His long, golden hair blowing gracefully around him, and his smiling face made him seem very angelic in a way to her. His voice was like silk, and his beautiful blue eyes were always shining like diamonds. It had at first, been hard for her to believe that he was a soul reaper, but the way he had saved her from becoming a hollow’s snack had convinced her otherwise.

His name was Enmei, and oh how she loved the way it rolled off her tongue when she spoke it. It suited him well too, with his golden locks and his bright eyes and personality. She’d always grow red in embarrassment when he would chuckle, asking her why she seemed so entranced as she would speak his name.

She would always turn her head away with crossed arms and cover up her flustered face and reply with, “It’s just an uncommon name, is all. If you ask me, it really doesn’t suit you since you wear such dark clothing.”

He’d chuckle again and say, “Forgive me, Princess, that your knight in shining armor isn’t true to its description.” He had taken to calling her his princess from their first meeting, and it would make her heart jump every single time.

For many weeks, they would meet to admire the scenery, enjoying each other’s company and talking about various things; one constant topic being her adoptive brothers and the recent events in her and her brothers’ lives.

“Oh, yes, they get into trouble all the time, and I always have to bail them out.” She had replied when Enmei brought up her brothers again one day. “Ayumu is most always the one scheming—coming up with ways to scam others into giving them money or food. Yoshi does his fair share as well, but Isamu is the one that just follows along because he doesn’t want to be seen as scaredy-cat.”

Enmei gave a heart melting smile, “I’d love to meet them someday.”

It had been the perfect chance for her to bring him home to show off to her brothers. They never believed her when she would talk about Enmei to them. They’d simply make fun of her, telling her that imaginary friends were for babies, though Isamu seemed to be the only one out of the three to be somewhat convinced that Enmei was a real figure in her life.

“Now! You should come meet them now!” She covered her mouth and turned red, embarrassed by her excited outburst. “I-I mean…you could come and meet them now if you want to. But you probably have to go back to your squad though, right…?”

The soul reaper smiled as he stood up from his seat and held out a hand for his princess to take, “Let’s go then, Princess, to your castle where your brothers await.”