two

a/n how luke and ashton look in this fanfic to the top/side !!! ashton is so attractive rip me

--

"ashton, ashy, ash!" michael hollered as he stepped into his apartment, a grin still etched on his lips from work. it was the first time he was coming home from work not complaining about how terrible it was, and he and his roommate were both surprised.

"you don't seem to be in a bad mood from work," ashton observed with a frown from the couch as michael plopped down next to him, unpinning his name tag from his dark grey work shirt and tossing it onto the coffee table, "is everything okay? do you have a fever?"

ashton went to grasp the back of michael's neck and then held the palm of his hand up to michael's forehead, as if seeing if he had a fever or not. michael let out a small giggle as he pulled away and untucked his shirt, pulling it down to its normal length which came to his mid-thigh.

"no, you loser, i just saw this really cute guy today at work and he wanted me to keep the change from his purchase," michael shyly smiled down at himself, working to remove the belt he was wearing from the belt loops on his black skinny jeans.

"whoa, nice!" ashton supportively grinned, brushing some of his wavy dark blond hair away from his forehead before shifting his gaze back to the television, "what did he look like? i need these details, mike."

"okay, well," michael paused for dramatic effect, turning his body to the side and tucking a leg under him so that he was completely facing ashton, "he had really nice blond hair, but it was almost too dark to be blond. like, definitely not your colour hair, but not blond. and he had these really pretty dark blue eyes that complimented his tan skin nicely, and he had these cutest little twins. he was perfect, his kids were perfect; i'm having so many feelings, ash, and i don't know which feeling to feel first."

"he had kids?" ashton arched an eyebrow as he rested his arm closest to michael on the back of the couch, causing michael to nod eagerly, "mike, don't go hitting on a taken man. that's just a shitty thing to do."

"no, it's okay, his wife passed away," michael sighed, trying to catch his breath after sputtering out so much about this guy he hardly knew, "but she was probably perfect, too. i mean, lemme tell you, these kids got perfect genes, man."

"ooh, mikey, it sounds like you've got yourself a little crush there," ashton smirked a bit and kicked michael's foot with his own, but the shorter boy just blushed and shook his head in disagreement.

"i don't even know his name and i'll probably never see him again since i'm quitting in two weeks," michael felt his lower lip stick out in a pout as he met the bright hazel eyes of his best friend, drumming his fingers against his jawline, "do you think there's still a chance of me running into him elsewhere?"

"i'm sure there is," ashton reassured, even though he really had no idea. he just wanted to make his best friend smile widely again, and he succeeded, because michael's lips spread out in a wide beam at ashton's words.

"i hope so!" michael's green eyes flickered all across ashton's features before adding, "so, enough about me. how was the college life today?"

ashton chuckled and glanced down at his lap, as if wanting to stay off that topic. ashton went to the college that was a few blocks down from their apartment, but only because his mum insisted on him getting an education. he still didn't know what he wanted to major in, and he was a junior. michael helped him research careers and what kind of degrees he could get, but he still couldn't make up his mind and his time was running out.