five

michael had been sitting in his car in front of luke's house for about ten minutes, not wanting to go in yet since it wasn't four but not exactly wanting to wait in his stuffy car. he had left for the babysitting gig early since he didn't want to end up in traffic, but there wasn't any traffic so now michael was staring outside of his window at luke's beautiful and cozy little home. michael was wondering why they had such a small house when luke seemed to be loaded.

taking one deep breath, michael finally got out of his car and walked up to the front door. he fidgeted a bit before he reached out to ring the doorknob, glancing down at his black metallica t-shirt as he waited for someone to answer the door.

"michael?" the door swung open and michael glanced up, smiling at the sight of luke carrying mazie on his hip. she was whining about something and fisting his collared white shirt, but he didn't seem to take much notice because his attention was on the younger boy at his door.

"hi, luke," michael walked into the house when luke stepped aside, watching as the blond man shut the door behind michael before adding, "it's nice to see you again."

"you, too," luke hesitated before offering mazie to michael by pushing his hip out towards michael, "do you mind taking her? she's being really clingy and i don't want her to freak out when i leave."

"sure," michael graciously took the little girl in his arms, balancing her on his hip before he glanced around the house for her twin, "where's matthew?"

"matthew... my assumption is his bedroom, either watching television or colouring something for school," luke released a sigh as he watched mazie push her face into the crook of michael's neck, "they just got of school out half an hour ago, so i already let them have an after-school snack. they prefer dinner at five thirty and dessert at six, which you can find in the fridge. heat up their dinner, but their dessert is served cold."

before michael could say anything to show his understanding, luke took a deep breath and continued, "emergency contacts are by the counter where i keep my car keys, and bedtime for them is exactly eight o'clock. matthew'll try to say he can go to bed later, but he really can't. their pyjamas are already laid out on their bed for both of them.

"and for entertainment, they usually like to play hide-and-seek or colour in their colouring books. i allow them to watch only half an hour of television at a time, and then they may play on the ipad for half an hour; you can find the ipad in my bedroom. any questions?"

"i don't think so, i think you covered it all," michael replied, smiling fondly at the little girl in his arms, "i think we'll be okay."

"oh, good," luke smiled widely, pulling on his black business suit and buttoning it together at the bottom. he leaned closer to michael, placing his hand on the small of michael's back as his other hand brushed back mazie's curly hair and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. the brown haired boy couldn't help but inhale deeply; luke's dark blond hair was in his face and it smelled heavenly.

"i'll see you tomorrow morning, darling, yeah?" luke pulled a toothy grin at his daughter as he pulled away from her and michael, "i love you, sweet pea."

"love you, too, daddy," she mumbled almost to herself, her small fists tugging on michael's shirt. michael smiled down at her words before he moved aside, letting luke have a clear shot at the door as he shot a glance at the time ticking on the microwave; it was four.