seven

honestly, do you guys think this story is cringeworthy? i think this is the only one of my fanfics where someone has said that it's cringeworthy and idk, if it is cringey i can go back and slow things down or something. i don't want to change my stories for people, but i do want you guys to enjoy my stories.

also, sorry about the long delay for an update. been stressed out and admittedly i've been writing temporary bliss more than any other fanfic. hope you guys have been doing good x

--

when michael woke up, the first thing he noticed was that a stubbly chin was resting on the top of his head and his face was buried into a toned chest. tan arms were holding him close, and michael let out a yawn before pulling away slightly to glance up at his best friend's face.

"were you just going to stare at me until i woke up?" michael murmured sleepily, reaching up with both fists to rub his eyes. ashton's dark pink lips stretched out in a small smile and he shrugged, his arms around michael tightening to hold the shorter boy closer.

"hm, maybe," ashton teased, brushing his fingers through michael's hair before a yawn left his lips since yawns were contagious. michael pressed a quick kiss to ashton's tan collarbone before he wiggled out of ashton's grip to sit up in the bed. his best friend watched fondly with an arm thrown over his forehead as michael arched his back and stretched out his limbs, his legs tucked underneath his small body.

"y'know, you shouldn't get all bent out of shape if this luke guy doesn't happen to like you back," ashton spoke up as michael swung his legs over the mattress and searched the floor for some kind of pants he could wear, "any guy would be lucky to go out with you."

"oh, thanks," michael smiled widely as he stood up and reached down for a pair of black skinny jeans that were thrown on the carpeted floor, "same goes for you, ashy."

"hey, those are my jeans," ashton protested as michael began to put one leg in. the brunet smiled sheepishly before stepping out of the jeans and bouncing eagerly out of ashton's bedroom. his feet carried him to his bedroom, where michael picked out a pair of leggings to put on and an oversized t-shirt.

"do you want coffee, ash?" michael called out as he wandered into their small kitchen, instantly going towards the coffeemaker. a muffled 'yeah!' was heard from ashton's bedroom, so michael grasped the k-cup to put into the keurig coffeemaker and put his coffee cup underneath the spout.

"can you make me the dunkin donuts one?"

"already on it!" michael hollered back as he poured his own coffee before taking the k-cup out. he disposed of it before putting in the dunkin donuts flavoured k-cup and placing ashton's coffee cup under the spout. as his coffee brewed, michael poured some sugar and creamer into his own and took a long sip, smiling in pleasure.

"thank you," ashton spoke as he walked into the kitchen sporting some gym clothes. he pushed his thick hair away from his forehead only for it to fall back in his face moments later and asked, "do you want to come to the gym with me?"

"nope, i don't want to die today," michael automatically replied, taking a step away as ashton began to pour two teaspoons of creamer into his coffee. he put half a teaspoon of sugar into the brown liquid before taking a sip, his features visibly relaxing when the coffee hit his tastebuds.

"you always complain about how you want to lose weight, yet you never want to come to the gym with me," ashton jutted his lower lip out at michael in a pleading manner, "please come be my gym buddy, please. i mean, you don't even need to lose any weight, but still. i don't want to be that weird guy who always works out alone at the gym."

"don't say that i don't need to lose weight," michael mumbled, glancing down at himself briefly before he quickly took a sip of his steaming coffee then added, "i don't know, ash. i'm not exactly in shape and couldn't keep up with you even if i tried."

"michael," ashton's tone of voice suddenly turned serious as he placed his coffee down and took several advances towards michael. he placed his hands on the counter so that michael was between them, causing the brunet to confusedly glance at his best friend, "come with me to the damn gym, please. i will get on my hands and knees and do whatever is necessary to get you to come."

"that's what she said," michael automatically replied, causing ashton to groan in frustration while michael giggled at his own joke. he cleared his throat and added a bit more seriously, "okay, if i go with you to the gym today, then you have to do my laundry for the rest of the month."

"are you fucking kidding me? it's only december second!" ashton whined, causing a smile to stretch out across michael's rosy pink lips. the wavy haired boy shook his head and sighed, "whatever, you win this round, clifford. c'mon, go change into some old t-shirt and shorts and then we can get going."

"it's a plan," michael smiled before giving ashton a quick, tight hug and then ducking under his arm to run off towards his bedroom, careful not to spill any coffee. once he was in his bedroom, he shut the door behind him and took numerous sips of his coffee as he scanned his closet. after getting changed into a torn green day shirt and black basketball shorts, michael happily finished off his coffee and raced back into the kitchen.

"i'm ready," michael stated, a beautiful smile spread across his dark pink lips. ashton glanced over, smiling at the sight of michael before he put down his coffee mug in the kitchen sink.

"alright, let's go," ashton grinned as he leaned over to grab his car keys at the same time michael took his own car keys in his fist. they exchanged glances before michael reluctantly put down his keys, knowing that ashton didn't particularly like when michael drove. he claimed that michael had a short attention span and couldn't pay attention when he drove, so ashton always drove whenever the two went somewhere together.

"am i going to your class tomorrow?" michael asked as he sat himself down in the passenger's seat, glancing over and watching as ashton sat down in the driver's seat with a light grunt. he put the keys in the ignition and turned, watching as the car turned on. he switched off the emergency brake before adjusting the air conditioning, then glanced over at his best friend.

"if you were being serious about it. oh, you've got an eyelash on your cheek," ashton chuckled, his eyebrows pinning together slightly as his hazel eyes ran over michael's features. he buckled his seatbelt before he reached over to cup one side of michael's face, smiling slightly as the light brown haired boy leaned into the warmth of his palm.

ashton's thumb wiped across michael's cheekbone to brush away the eyelash before he retracted his hand to instead rest it on top of the steering wheel. ashton's other hand went to switch the gear to drive, and then he was set to begin driving to the gym.

the drive was spent with michael constantly changing the radio station and singing along to whatever song was playing. if he didn't know the lyrics, then he hummed along to the beat. if he didn't know the beat or lyrics, he would replace the lyrics with his own words. ashton thought it was hilarious, and once he was parked in the gym, he took out his phone to record michael's playful singing.

"hey," michael pouted at ashton when he realised that he was being recorded, but ashton's smile only got wider before he ended the video. he watched it before he posted it to his snapchat story and locked his phone.

"let's go lift some weights, kiddo."

--

additionally, my teacher is mad at my class because we always say "dank" and "lit" and she looked up the origins of them so now we're banned from saying those 2 words in her class. oops.
sorry i have so much to say for some reason.