three

ashy: do u want ravioli for dinner or spaghetti?

michael: spaghetti!!!

ashy: ok, spaghetti it is. hi mike, miss you

michael: hi ashy i'll be home in a little bit x

ashy: see u in a little bit then xx

"michael, i swear, quit texting during your shifts or i'll take your phone," michael's manager suddenly hissed from behind him, where he was standing at the cash register. he quickly locked his phone and turned around to see his manager there, so he offered her a slightly awkward smile.

"sorry," michael apologised halfheartedly, sliding his phone into the front pocket of his skinny jeans and pretending to look busy. his manager rolled her eyes before walking away, and michael pouted to himself with the sudden silence that engulfed him.

the day had gone by slow as always, since it was vacation season and not many people were around to shop. michael was just annoyed how the store was empty yet he wasn't allowed to be on his phone. his heart was filled with so much hatred towards his manager, honestly.

michael's green eyes shifted to the doors as he heard someone walk in, and his lips spread into a wide grin when he saw a familiar blond man walking into the supermarket. he almost didn't believe his eyes, because hardly anyone went to the same supermarket twice in a row. hell, even michael hated to come here twice in a row, but he had to.

"hi," michael spoke shyly as he went to greet the man with his two kids, joining his hands at the small of his back awkwardly, "can i help you find anything tonight?"

"as a matter of fact, yes, you may," the blond smiled as he bounced the little girl in his arms, her little fists clenching the collar of his white buttoned up shirt, "mazie wanted to pick out cookies of her own, but matthew absolutely loved the cookies you helped us pick out. he kept babbling on about how helpful you were, and he wanted to give you something."

michael smiled at that and began to lead the small family to the bakery, watching as the blond set mazie down on the floor to let her pick out some cookies, then he reached into the front pocket of his black skinny jeans to take out a folded piece of paper. he gave michael a smile as he unfolded it, then held it out towards michael.

"wow, that's supposed to be me?" michael laughed, accepting the piece of paper from luke and smiling down at the paper

"wow, that's supposed to be me?" michael laughed, accepting the piece of paper from luke and smiling down at the paper. matthew nodded shyly from where he was standing beside his father, tightly clutching the man's hand as he watched michael, "well, thank you so much. this is so sweet, really."

"daddy," mazie was suddenly whimpering from where she was trying to reach a box of cookies, although she couldn't reach it. being closer to her than her father, michael leaned over to grab them for her, checking out which type they were before handing the box to the taller man.