fourteen

When Luke pulled up to Michael's apartment, he put the car in park and adjusted his rearview mirror to see the twins. They were sound asleep in their car seats, causing a faint smile to surface on Luke's lips before he looked over to Michael. The brunet was still petting the puppy in his lap, but once he realised that they were parked in front of his place, he glanced up to see Luke staring at him.

"Aw man, we're back to the weird staring," Michael teased, glancing down to playfully cover Amber's eyes, "Amber, you shouldn't have to see this."

"Yeah, because you're the only one I 'weirdly stare' at like this," Luke bit down on his lower lip as Michael unbuckled his seat belt, careful of the puppy. The tall blond reached out to softly grip Michael's chin in his grip, turning Michael's face towards his own and licking his dark pink lips thoroughly, "I could stare at you all fucking day."

Michael didn't respond, simply because he was too distracted by Luke's lips. Their proximity was closer than before and Michael could practically feel Luke's breath below his lips, teasing him slowly.

"You gonna kiss me or what, dude?" Michael whispered, and that was all it took for Luke's hand to drift to one side of Michael's jawline and pull Michael's face closer to his.

Michael's side was pressing against the console, but that was the least of his problems as Luke gently pressed his soft lips against Michael's. Without even meaning to, Michael smiled into the kiss because it was something he had been craving ever since he first met Luke, but then he shortly began to kiss the blond back passionately.

The kiss led to Luke sucking Michael's lower lip into his mouth, his teeth sinking into the soft flesh as his other hand went to cup the other side of Michael's face. The brunet whimpered into Luke's mouth, deeply enjoying the pleasure being brought to him from the kiss. He instinctively hid Amber's eyes so she couldn't watch them, feeling her tongue lick at his fingers when he did so absentmindedly.

Once they were both out of breath, Luke pulled away. Their short breaths filled the air as they gazed at each other, partially in astonishment but mostly in sufficient passion.

"Um, hang on. Let me pay you," Luke mumbled, leaning on his side to pull his wallet out of the front pocket of his black skinny jeans. Michael frowned at his words and quickly shook his head, reaching out to grab Luke's forearm to stop him from taking out his thick wallet.

"What? You don't have to pay me; I wasn't technically babysitting," Michael pointed out, but the blond smirked and pulled it out anyway.

"Yeah, but you took time out of your day to spend with me and the kids," Luke explained, unfolding his wallet and pulling out five ten dollar bills, "I appreciate that a lot, Michael, and I want to show you my appreciation."

"Well, you kind of just did show me your appreciation with that kiss," Michael informed shyly, glancing down as Luke held out the money but not making any movement to grab the green paper from him.

"A kiss can't buy you things, darling," The blond raised his eyebrows in anticipation, gesturing for Michael to take the money.

As much as Michael didn't want to accept the money, he couldn't deny that he could really use the extra cash. He was going to quit his job at the supermarket in a week and still hadn't explored any other job opportunities. Also, Ashton was paying three-fourths of the rent the past couple of months, which Michael constantly complained about, but he simply just didn't have enough money to pay his half of the rent anymore.