Eleven

Hey Guys!
I have set update days. Once a week but if you want updates faster, comment and reach the goal. If not, I'll just update on the update date which will always be on each chapter below

Comment Goal : 25+

Imani's POV

"Ms. Walker." Professor Wells said as I walked through the hallways after getting out of my last class of the day.

"Yes?" I said turning around.

Last night was a complete pain in my ass. First, I couldn't leave out of the house for work because Brandon had his brother stalking me, and in the middle of the night I got a phone call on my house phone from my parents saying my father was back in the hospital.

"You missed my class." He said.

"I know." I said not fully understanding his point.

He smiled. "I know that most professors don't care or don't notice but I did. You never miss my lectures." He pointed out.

I sighed. "Yeah, well as you know I signed up for the earliest class and I just couldn't make it." I explained.

"Well, we discussed some really important topics. Topics that would be good to discuss over lunch." He said.

I gave a quizzical look and he deeply breathed in before putting his hands in his pocket. "I know it's not conventional but quite frankly, I think you're beautiful and I'd love if you and I could grab food. Of course we can discuss what you missed in class and possibly get to know each other as well."

I thought about it momentarily before sighing. "Sure. We can go out for a bite." I said.

He smiled. "Great, I'll lead the way."

"I drove." I told him,"and I have to go someplace right after we leave from lunch." I explained.

"I understand, go on ahead and meet me on Kean street."

I nodded. "Sure." I said and got into my car.

I pulled off, and almost immediately got a phone call.

"Hello." I said answering.

"Baby, are you coming to the hospital today?"

"Yes mommy, did they say if daddy could have food from outside?"

"Yeah, they said they releasing him this evening." She said and I could hear how tired she was.

"Mommy did you sleep when I took you home last night?"

"You know I didn't. I can't sleep without your father. Never could."

"You need to rest mama." I sighed.

"I am fine, ain't like I'm old or something."

"You're right about that." I smiled to myself. "But still mommy."

"Don't worry."

"Don't tell me not to worry ma. You've got o be here when I have my first kid too." I said.

I closed my eyes not meaning to let that slip out.