Twenty Two

I ain't y'all friend rn. 🙄 But update or whatever. 65 comments.

Imani's POV

"Hello." I said answering my phone.

"You sound happy this morning." My mom said.

"I'm happy every morning." I answered.

"Mmhm, that boy over your house?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm gonna stop telling Naomi stuff. She talk too much." I said.

"You can tell me Sweetie. If you would I wouldn't have to bribe your sister with food and what not." My mother said causing me to sigh.

My mother knows all she knows about Brandon because of Naomi. She just don't shut up.

"If she gave me the chance to tell first you wouldn't have to." I argued.

"I be wanting to know, as soon as it happens.  This the first boy you ever bring around and I know he must be special-"

"Ma, we will talk about it later." I said.

"Alright baby." She sighed and I did the same. "I'm gonna go on back to your father. I made him breakfast. Your nephew was missing you so he asked me to call and make sure you were alive." She said and I laughed.

"Tell him I want to hang out this afternoon." I said to her and she yelled his name telling him what I had said.

"He said he can't. He's got plans."

"with who?" I asked.

"With paw-paw." He yelled back.

"Alright man." I sighed.

"It makes me love you know less! I can come tonight!" He said.

"I'll ask mommy and daddy if you can sleep here."

"Okay, cool baby. I'll talk to you later." I said kissing the screen.

"Food is on the table, call Paw to get some food." My mother instructs and Jaylen dashed towards the living room. "Alright baby, let me feed my men. You should feed yours too." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Later Mommy." I said and hung up.

I grabbed the wooden spoon stirring grits and dished some out on a plate while grabbing the fruit salad. I skipped my ass to the bedroom and sat the food down.

"Good Morning Sleepy." I said getting on top of Brandon straddling him.

"Good Morning." He said gruffly holding onto my waist while looking up at me.

"How was your sleep?" I asked.

He had slept fully clothed.

"Great. Gimme kiss." He said and I bent down kissing him.

"You smell super minty." I laughed.

"You think I'd kiss you with yuck mouth?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.