Chapter Eight- Eyes meet

Hey, I'm back with another chapter and I hope you enjoy it. This one will have both Ardeth and Kiya in the same place at the same time. Read to find out what happens.

-----------------------------

 Meanwhile back at the boat when Kiya jumped off.  

Kiya's POV

Evy said sulking as we started to come out of the river, "We've lost everything! All of our tools, all the equipment! All my clothes!"

I clutch my bag with all my weapons and some possessions and the dagger from Ardeth. We all turned hearing an annoying voice call from the other side, "O'Connell! Hey! O'Connell! It looks to me like I've got all the horses!"

It was a man but O'Connell said yelling back, "Hey, Beni! Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the ri-ver!"

Beni realised and started to kick the water in frustration.

We headed off to the closest Bedouin village to find some camels and some dry clothes for me and Evy. It was morning by the time we reached the village and the women took pity on us and dressed us up in Bedouin women clothes. I accepted the clothes the women gave me. Evy's dress was black with sheers sleeves and golden patterns and a bell belt on her dress, and then they added a sheer veil for her.

They gave me a black fitted bodice dress that clung to my waist and showed off my curves and then the rest of the dress flowed down past my ankles. Another good part of the dress was that I could run around in and still do action in it. It had sheer sleeves too but I had sliver patterns on the end of the sleeves and hem, and a non-see through black veil with silver patterns on the edges. I had a black scarf that fell down my back and covered my head and neck from the sun. Basically mine and Evy's was the same but I looked much more Egyptian than her obviously. My outfit did show off my tattoo's but I didn't care anymore, then the women rimed our eyes with kohl. I pulled out my special perfume and sprayed it all over me, making me smell of the spicy but sweet scent of the flower from which it came. Evy and I then set off to find our group.

As we exited the tent and walked over towards Johnathan and O'Connell with the camels. I heard Johnathan say, "Awfully tempting, wasn't it?"

I wondered what they were talking about. But O'Connell saw Evy and his voice sounded dreamy when he said, "Awfully."

Evy looked embarrassed and smiled at him and O'Connell patted the camel and smiled back. I told them I would meet up with them in a minute, for I wanted to buy some food for the journey. I bought some and I headed back to them but saw a beautiful black horse standing nearby looking hungry. I walked over to it and patted it and then pulled out an apple to give to it. It took it willingly and ate it then nuzzled my hand in thanks. A deep husky voice of a man beside me made me jump, "He doesn't usually let strangers touch him unless he trusts them."

I stammered out, "O-oh I'm s-sorry."

He said chuckling, "It is quite all right I was just stating he trusts you."

I turned around and came face to face with a young man as far as I could tell, for his face was covered in a dark blue cloth and he wore a hood. But his eyes are what caught me the most, they were the same as Ardeth's. I quickly looked away because I didn't want to be reminded of him for it caused me heartache. I said to him politely, "I must go, my group are waiting for me."

I hurried off to join the others but once I got to them Evy asked curiously, "What took you so long, Ki?"

I replied as I mounted my camel, "Oh, nothing important."