Chapter Eighteen - Home again

I'm sorry I've been slow with updates, I have holidays and I get easily distracted.

So here is the next chapter!

--------------------------------------------------

Kiya's POV

We arrived back at our village the next morning and someone must have told the elders and everyone else that we were coming. When we came through the entrance everyone in the tribe mobbed us. We heard people cheering and calling out to us and some praying, but Ardeth said loudly, "Quiet, please! We can celebrate later, go prepare for a feast for tonight."

Everyone left and we hopped down from the camel and walked towards the elder's tent. It brought back memories from eight years ago when I first came here and I smiled a little. I stared around at the village for I had missed it dearly in my years away. We pushed back the flap and were greeted by the sight of the same Elders we had gone to see eight years ago. The first elder said to me warmly, "Princess Kiya, you have returned."

All the other elders smiled and bowed their heads to me and said their welcome back. We settled down ready to tell our story of the past few days. I told them the story with Ardeth's help and they listened, and then congratulated us on the creature's defeat.

But they said that we would still have to guard the city, which we understood because the creature was still a threat even now in death. Ardeth seemed anxious when asking the elders permission for us to get married. But they were happy for us to get married, making a significant bond between our tribes. They also said I could keep the ring of Hathor and become its protector again.

We left and went to Ardeth's mothers and sister's tent, as soon as we stepped inside I was engulfed into a hug by his mother and sister. His mother was sobbing and saying, "You're alive. You're alive. Thank Allah."

They both pulled away and hugged Ardeth as well, then Ardeth took my hand and asked them both to sit down. We sat on cushions and told them both what happened and then told them we were going to get married. They were both ecstatic and congratulated us and embraced me saying they wouldn't want anyone else to marry Ardeth. Ardeth asked them to get my tent ready and they left us alone, he turned to me and asked, "Now that it is official, when shall we set the date for the wedding so Evelyn, Johnathan and Rick may come?"

I think for a moment and then say, "In a couple of months, so they have time to go home then come back."

He nodded his head in agreement then helped me to rise and said, "Would you like to send a message to your real family to tell them about this?"

I said smiling happily, "Yes. I would love to see my family."

I started smiling wider thinking of all my family here on my wedding day.

8 months later

I woke up and realised it was a day before my wedding and Johnathan, Evelyn and Rick were arriving today to be here for it tomorrow. Although they were been escorted and sworn to secrecy, their part in the defeat of the Creature allowed them to enter our tribe.

I quickly got dressed in a normal black dress with a black sheer scarf to cover my head from the scorching sun.

I had been home for eight months and it was nice to be back with my family, except I learned that my father had also died. He died naturally and my brother had taken over our father's duty as head of the Twelfth tribe. My mother had already died when I was thirteen so I didn't have to grieve as much, but it is the reason why we put off the wedding so I could mourn for my father.