Chapter Sixteen - A Sacrifice

I am so sorry that I have not updated when I promised too. I have been busy and my house has no wifi. I truly am sorry, so I hope you like this chapter.  

-------------------------------------

Ardeth's POV

Rage and uneasiness surged through me as I saw him take her away and I didn't stop him, she gave up herself knowing the danger ahead just to save us. But right now I had to help her so we all escaped through a hole. Terrence didn't make it by sacrificing himself to give us just enough time, a true Med-jai.

Kiya's POV

The creature had taken us back to Hamunaptra but Ardeth and the others were in a plane nearby, but the creature was trying to kill them with a sand storm he conjured up. Evy and I cried out together at the same time, "Stop it! You'll kill them!"

Beni said staring at it, "That's the idea."

Evy seemed to think for a second then ran up to Imhotep and started kissing him to stop his sand storm. I thought it was smart but suddenly the plane crashed, and Imhotep looked happy as he walked towards Hamunaptra. I felt hopeful as Beni said as he walked towards Hamunaptra, "I love the whole sand wall trick. It was beautiful... Bastard."

We walked into the city and went deep down further than anyone had ever gone to a ritual place. We were walking down the stairs towards a table when Evy and I had stopped to look around us. Beni poked us with his gun and said sneering, "Keep moving!"

Evy said back to him bitterly, "You know nasty little fellows such as yourself always get their comeuppance."

He replied and laughed a scared sort of laugh asking, "Really? They do?"

I said trying to make it sound scary, "Oh, yes. Always."

Evy and I continued to walk down the stairs towards Imhotep. Imhotep started to organise the black book of the dead and the 5 Canopic jars on the table, then he set up two other wooden one's, one on the side of the obsidian one, and another at the end of the both of them. Suddenly a gunshot fired from above and Evy smiled and whispered, "O'Connell."

Imhotep looked angry and grabbed a Canopic jar and blew its contents onto a wall picture and uttered, "Shatay Wapay Ku Ra Eck!"

Two mummies came out of it and I was frightened as they bowed to him and we three backed away as Evy said sounding scared, "Bembridge scholars never wrote about this."

Imhotep Commanded in ancient Egyptian to them, "Kill them and go wake the others."

He turned to us a two and blew some stuff in our faces and I blacked out.

Later

I woke up much later and tried to sit up but my hands and feet were chained to the wooden table. I turned my head and saw that I was lying on the wooden table at the end of the other two. I gasped as I saw that Evy was on the obsidian table and a woman's mummy was on the next one. I knew it was Anuck-su-namun's body, but it was still lifeless so that meant the ritual hadn't started. Evy began to stir and she opened her eyes then I said quickly, "Don't turn your head, Evy."

But it was too late she turned her head towards the corpse and let out a scream. Imhotep appeared next to the corpse with the black book and stared at the corpse and said affectionately, "Anuck-su-namun."

Bile rose in my throat as Evy suddenly yelled out in panic, "O'Connell! Jonathan!"

I yelled out as well, "Ardeth!"

Imhotep started reading from the book and a ghostly spirit rose up out of the pool near us, and floated towards the corpse and then engulfed it. The corpse let out an inhuman scream and awoke from the undead. I was breathing heavily and trying to get out of my chains but it was no use. I gave yell of despair.