Chapter Nine- We found him

Well hello again. Sorry, I haven't updated for a while, I was busy and forgot about updating. Anyway here is the next chapter, and I hope you enjoy it. 

-------------------------------------

Evy said to us as we set up ancient mirrors, "That's a statue of Anubis. Its legs go deep underground. According to Bembridge scholars, that's where we'll find a secret compartment... containing the golden Book of Amun-Ra."

I felt more and more anxious as I knew the Creature was nearby, so I asked Evy, "Wait, are we looking in the statue for the book?"

I knew the Creature was beneath the Statue but Evy eased me by saying, "Yes, it's in the statue."

I let out a quiet sigh of relief so no one near me would hear it and question me. This would It would mean we wouldn't find the creature, but something nagged at my mind saying that we would. I tried to brush the feeling away but it was as if someone was whispering in my ear, warning me not to let them go any further. But to do that I would raise suspicion. Evy said to Johnathan as he cleaned his mirror with a cloth, "Jonathan, you're meant to catch the sun with that."

O'Connell approached Evy awkwardly hiding something behind his back, "So, uh, what are these old mirrors for?"

Evy replied back to him adjusting the mirror, "Ancient mirrors. It's an ancient Egyptian trick. You'll see."

He gave a nod but pulled an archaeological tool bag from behind his back and gave it to Evy and said, "Uh, here, this is for, uh, you. Go ahead. It's something l borrowed off our American brethren. l thought you might like it... you might need it for when you're, uh-- uh, yeah."

He backed away almost blushing and went back to doing work and Evy beamed, but I snorted into my hand which caused her to blush. When O'Connell saw the Warden staring knowingly he said defensively, "What are you lookin' at?"

The warden just held up his hands in defence and I couldn't help but smile at him. O'Connell grabbed the rope and started to climb down the hole into the heart of the city, as he was going down the warden said, "Hey! Look for bugs. I hate bugs."

We all climbed down the rope and reached the bottom in no time, but it was too dark to see. I say in a matter of a fact voice, "We're standing inside a room no one has entered in over 3,000 years."

Johnathan cried waving his hand in front of his face and his voice echoed, "Whoo! What is that god-awful stench?"

He realised it was the warden as he climbed down the rope and Johnathan said with raised eyebrows, "Oh."

I stifled a giggle and I tried to keep quiet so the others wouldn't notice. Evy walked over to a mirror and turned it so the light from the outside hit it saying, "And then there was... light."

O'Connell said as the room lit up with light from the reflections, "Hey, that is a neat trick."

I gazed around me in amazement and shock as I noticed the room we were in, and I felt a tug or familiarity with this place. Evy gasped and said with wide eyes, "Oh, my God. It's a sah-netjer."

O'Connell looked confused and said, "Huh?"

I said explaining looking at the walls around us, "A preparation room."

He pulled out his handgun and asked with narrowed eyes, "Preparation for what?"

Evy said sounding excited and sharing a look with me, "For entering the afterlife."

Johnathan added sounding more excited, "Mummies, my good son. This is where they made the mummies."

As we walked past one stone I accidentally brushed it and the familiarity tug got stronger, and I heard a swish of clothes pass by me and a ghostly whisper of an echo in my ear. I spun around to see but none of the others was beside me. I swallowed back my fear wondering if the spirits of the dead were near, but I couldn't shake the feeling of Deja-vu. I said out loud to no one in particular, "Why do I feel like I've been here before?"