Chapter Fourteen- The truth

I'm back again with another chapter. Sorry, I haven't published for a while I've been busy as usual. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter.

---------------------------

We reached Cairo as soon as a storm set in and Rick, Evy and I went to Evy's and mine's apartment. The two of them started to fight about staying or leaving while I sat on the bed watching them with amusement. Rick was saying while packing Evy's trunk, "I thought you said you didn't believe in that fairy tales and hokum stuff."

He said to Evy's white cat Cleo that was sitting on her stuff, "Shoo!"

Evy snatched the cat and put her on the bed with me, so I grabbed her and patted her. Evy said to him, "H-having an encounter with a 3,000-year-old walking, talking corpse... does tend to convert one."

Rick said loudly packing Evy's clothes, "Forget it. We're out the door, down the hall and we're gone."

Both Evy and I said, "Oh, no, we are not."

Rick then said, "Oh, yes, we are."

Evy said again, "Oh, no, we are not. We woke him up, and we are going to stop him."

I said pointing out to Evy, "You woke him up, not us."

Rick looked flabbergasted and said, "We? What we? We didn't read that book. I told you not to play around with that thing. Didn't I tell you?"

Evy said back, "Yes, then me, me, me, me, I, I, I woke him up and I intend to stop him."

Rick asked her raising his voice, "Yeah? How? You heard the man... no mortal weapons can kill this guy."

Evy replied back raising her tone an octave, "Then we are just going to have to find some immortal ones."

Rick pointed out, "There goes that we again."

She said slamming the trunks on his hands and he groaned, "Will you listen to me? We have to do... Once this creature has been reborn... his curse is going to spread until the whole of the Earth is destroyed."

Rick said sounding uninterested, "Yeah? Is that my problem?"

I said loudly frowning at him, "It is everybody's problem."

He addressed Evy, "Evelyn. I appreciate you saving my life and all, but when I signed on... I agreed to take you out there and to bring you back. I have done that. End of job. End of story. Contract terminated."

Evy looked hurt and said sounding hurt, "That's all I am to you? A contract?"

He said flatly after hesitating, "You can either tag along with me... or you can stay here... and try and save the world! What's it gonna be?"

She said finally sneering at him, "I'm staying with my sister."

He exclaimed throwing his hands in the air, "Fine!"

She said crossing her arms, "Fine."

And they both kept saying 'fine' back and forth until Rick slammed the door and left, taking a stuffed toy with him. I tried to protest that he took the toy but it was too late and Evy said after he slammed the door, "Ohh."

I said sounding and feeling annoyed, "Hey! He took our stuffed bunny."

She flashed me a look that said 'seriously! That's the least of our worries.' I said to her calmly after a long quiet moment,

"you like him don't you, Evy? I could tell by the way you looked hurt when he talked about you been a contract."

She looked at me in an embarrassed way and quietly said blushing madly,