Chapter Twelve- Reunited

Hi, guys. So here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoy it. Some of you might have been waiting for this part to happen for a while, so here it is. 

--------------------------

Hamunaptra- night

I stepped back in shock and a thousand thoughts ran through my mind and I could tell it was the same with him. I felt my eyes prickling and I tried to say his name but nothing came out. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried again, "Ardeth?"

He blinked at the sound and I saw his chest rise and fall in quick motions, indicating his nervousness. He managed to say, "I didn't abandon you, they refused to let me search."

I held up my hands in protest and said quickly, "I lied, I didn't know who you were so I lied to you. I needed a cover story, you put me on the spot."

He shoulders relaxed in relief and I couldn't help myself and threw my arms around his neck, burying my face into his shoulder. His arms wrapped around me and he murmured, "I missed you, flower."

I clutch onto him as if I would disappear again and whisper back, "I missed you so much too. I hardly went a day without thinking about you."

He pulled his head away asking, "That man...?"

I shook my head saying, "He helped us get here, more for protection really. I hardly know him."

He seemed deeply relieved and sighed pulling me close again, "Thank Allah. I thought you had moved on."

I protested pulling his face to look at me, "Never! We made a promise. I told you we would meet again one day."

He nodded but leaned down and pressed his lips to mine softly but it felt wonderful. I pulled him closer and ran my hand through his long hair, feeling his hands grip me closer. When we pulled away to catch our breath he said, "I love you so much, my flower. My feelings haven't changed."

I replied back smiling, "I love you too."

The cool night air swept over us but I felt safe and warm in his arms and wishing for this moment to never end. Ardeth whistled his horse over and grabbed a blanket from it, and laid it down on the ground and motioned for me to lay down with him. He held me close and then spoke, "What happened after you left? Where did you go? And who with?"

I said to him remembering the day I disappeared, "We were attacked and I escaped and camped somewhere, and in the morning a man and woman found me and adopted me into their family."

I paused for a moment and then continued, "They are the brother and sister with me, they are my siblings."

He asked me lifting my chin to look him dead in the eye, "So you are close to them, and care about them just as much as your real family?"

I reply nodding my head, "Yes, but my adoptive parents died a few years ago so it was just Evelyn, Johnathan and I."

He said softly looking up at the sky briefly closing his eyes, "At least you were safe and cared for by the right people. I would never forgive myself if you were hurt."

He noticed my cut he gave me on my cheek from earlier, because I winced because he brushed my hair away from my face, brushing it by accident. He pulled back and realisation went through his eyes. He said sounding disgusted with himself, "I have hurt you."

I said reassuringly putting my hand on his cheek, "Do not worry about it, Ardeth. It is just a cut, it will heal. Anyway, you wouldn't have meant it if you knew it was me."

He said to me with guilt in his voice, "I am deeply sorry, my love, really."

He stroked my other cheek with affection and I nuzzle into his hand and whisper, "I forgive you."

I traced my fingers over his tattoos on his cheeks, and he shivers at my touch. I asked him, "But will you forgive me for cutting your shoulder and the horrible words I said?"

I looked deeply into his earthy brown eyes and he smiled saying, "Yes, I already have. But I am used to been cut now due to my job."

I saw a smirk in his eyes and I asked him, "How is your father?"

He looked sad and said sighing a deep sigh, "He died. I am Chief now. It happened when I turned 19, he set out to one of the other tribes and he went alone, and he didn't return so we went to look for him. And... we found his body stripped of everything."

I said sadly and squeezed his hand, "I'm so sorry... he was like a father to me as well... I will miss him. But you are a great chief, I know it."

I chose not to tell him of my vision of us but told myself that I would tell him later when the time was right. I asked him suddenly, "Tell me the story of the Med-jai."

He looked surprised but then started to tell the story in his gruff deep voice that I grow to love,

"Long ago, when Seti 1st was ruling he had a daughter named Tia. She fell in love with the Leader of the Med-jai, Pharoah's bodyguard, Ahmose."

I frowned a little for the name sounded familiar for some reason, but I brushed it off and said, "Ahmose? Hmm."

He continued, "They asked the pharaoh to marry. The Pharaoh was pleased and gave his blessing and gave his daughter the ring of Hathor as the wedding ring, and to protect her from harm."

'The ring of Hathor! I remember hearing that in my vision' I thought in my head. But I brushed it off thinking I read about it one time that triggered it to be in my dream. Ardeth continued on, "They married and she became pregnant with their first child."

I interrupted, "Then came the Creature and ruined everything."

Ardeth agreed, "Yes. Killed Seti with the King's mistress who then killed herself to be later resurrected."

I shuddered at the thought of ever trying to kill myself, but I couldn't bear it if Ardeth had died. Ardeth noticed my shutter and rubbed my back and continued, "Ahmose and Tia helped perform the ritual themselves and made sure he was hidden away in Hamunaptra never to rise again... The Med-jai would never allow him to arise, beginning our sacred work."

I smiled a little and finished, "And Tia gave birth to their first son, who became the Chief of the future tribes of our people."

Ardeth ran his and through my hair humming in agreement but I continued asking, "Wasn't it rumoured they had eleven sons and one daughter?"

He nodded and said as if distant, "Yes, they made up the twelve tribes. But eventually, through the centuries, the leaders died off with no heirs. Only the Twelfth tribe has the descendant of her only daughter, and the First their eldest son and Chief."

I said cheerily, "Us."

He smiled down at me and bumped my nose with his, "They say a prophecy was said that one of her descendants would be the reincarnation of Tia and that another descendant would be the reincarnation of Ahmose."

I roll my eyes but I knew myths like this sometimes came true. I leaned further into Ardeth and whispered, "Hold me until the stars disappear."

He agreed and we laid down for the rest of the night holding each other until the stars started to disappear. When we awoke to early dawn I said to Ardeth, "I must go back they will wonder where I am.

He nuzzled me but said, "I will see you again soon... but remember do not let them resurrect the creature."

I nodded my head and he lifted my chin with his hand and started to kiss me. I melted into the kiss and he held onto me, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss. But I knew I had to go and pulled away. I kiss him one more time and smiled warmly, then went back towards the city again. I looked back at him one more time and saw him watching me affectionately. I headed back into camp, and I pretended to have been on watch.

-------------------------------

Yay! They found each other finally. I'll update again soon. I hope you enjoyed that and do comment if you wish. And tell me what you think.

Okay Bye.