Chapter Thirteen- He awakens

So I'm back with a new chapter, and I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to update. I've just been extremely caught up on other things. So I've written a little bit more than the usual chapter, and I might keep that up in the other chapters. Okay, so here is the chapter and enjoy.

As usual, it is still Kiya's POV

---------------------------------

When everyone woke up Evy wanted to get to work right away so we headed straight to the base of Anubis. Johnathan and Rick lifted up the sarcophagus and sat it upright while Evy said excitedly, "Oh, I've dreamt about this since I was a little girl."

Rick gave her a weird look and asked, "You dream about dead guys?"

I gave him a cheeky look and he glared at me challenging me to say anything about last night. Evy said pointing at the lid, "Look, his sacred spells have been chiselled off. This man must have been condemned not only in this life but in the next."

I already knew this and I felt sick knowing I would see the famous creature any minute now, so I edged away slowly. Rick said not really concerned, "Tough break."

Johnathan added saying, "Yeah, I'm all tears."

I said angrily at them all, "You guys should take this seriously you know, he was put in there for a reason maybe he should stay in there."

Johnathan said to me giving me a wink, "Oh, take a break old mum... now, let's see who's inside, shall we?"

They started pulling the lid off and as they struggled it came off heavily, and revealed the corpse of the creature. It half fell out and scared us all and I screamed, but quickly stopped when I realised it wasn't alive. Evy said looking annoyed, "Oh, my god, I hate it when these things do that."

Rick said observing the mummy and making a face of disgust, "Is he supposed to look like that?"

Evy said frowning looking closer and I did too, "No, I've never seen a mummy look like this before. He's still—still..."

Both Johnathan and Rick said at the same time, "Juicy."

Evy said looking confused, "Yes. He must be more than 3,000 years old... and, well, it looks as if he's still... decomposing."

I examined the corpse and was terrified by its appearance, making me shudder. Rick said pointing at the inside of the lid, "Hey, look at that. What do you make of this?"

Evy knelt down and traced the marks with her fingers and gasped and said, "My God, these marks were made with-"

I finished, "fingernails."

Evy said looking shaken, "This man was buried alive... And he left a message... Death is only the beginning."

We all looked back up at the corpse and when she spoke those words I felt faint, and I was pulled into blackness.

I stood in a throne room and a strangely familiar young man dressed in Pharaoh Clothes and jewellery who sat on a throne next to where I stood. My attention was averted when the King ordered, "You shall be cursed with the Hom-dai, Imhotep, for murdering my father."

I saw Imhotep and a cold chill washed over me and I took a shaky breath to control myself. Once the sentence was given Imhotep was dragged out but he called out in ancient Egyptian, "Death is only the beginning! I will have my revenge on you, Tia! I will come back!"

I was pulled back into reality and I woke up and found myself lying on the ground at our campsite with Evy sitting next to me. The dream felt so real as if I really was there and it scared me. I sat up looking around confused and asked Evy, "What happened?"