KING (Zustin)

I'm so in love with this cover and I don't even know why.

-

KING

Zustin Mieber AU

Zustin Mieber AU

-

"You're a legend."

Justin chuckled, head bowed as he shook it to hide how pained he probably looked from hearing those false words. He gazed at the empty glass in his hands as if it were the most fascinating thing he's ever seen and gulped. "I'm no legend. I'm just trying to be one."

"You're succeeding," said the bartender with so much delight that he sounded like he was smiling.

"Am I, really? I lost a fight."

"One fight. One. That doesn't mean the world is over, that's just a step back but knowing you, you'll get right back up."

"You don't know me though." Justin stated, because truth be told, no one does.

"Maybe not," he agreed, "and maybe I don't know much about boxing either. But I do know that when you step into that ring, you're not trying to impress anyone in the crowd, you're not trying to impress your family and friends and you're not even trying to impress your opponent. You don't need to, they already know your name and your game. The only person you have to prove yourself to is the person you were yesterday. You push harder to be better than who you used to be a day before. And yeah, maybe I don't know much about you either, but I'm sure of one thing."

Justin lifted his head to look up at the male, their eyes linking immediately. "Oh? And what might that be?"

"They don't call you King for nothing."

-

In which a troubled, professional boxer finds faith in himself and in his future upon meeting a struggling, yet bright, bartender.

---

I really have to stop coming up with ideas, it's driving me insane. But my mind never stops working when it comes to writing. This is what I do, and this is what I love, ya feel?

The summary wasn't one of my best, sorry. But the book itself, in my mind, seems quite promising.

TRUST ME, there's a bigger issue than him just "losing a fight." He loses a fight because of some sad shit. OKAY GUYS? Okay.

I think for this story I would need a co-writer tbh, so maybe it's a good idea that I'm not publishing it any time soon. I don't think I can write it on my own due to the fight scenes. Sure, I know how to describe smut pretty well, but I don't know how to describe someone getting their ass kicked. And some of you are probably like, "but who cares????" Well I care, because this is a Zustin AU, yes, but it's also a BOXING story. Therefore, I'll need to incorporate a lot of BOXING. Not a lot a lot though, but the fight scenes need to be written well enough that you guys feel like you're in the audience. I kinda don't know how I'd feel working with another person though, but we'll see how it goes if I actually get a co-writer.

And this is supposed to be a slow build as well, I think that would work out pretty well if I'm being honest. For the first time, I may be able to write an actual slow build without fucking up. But that doesn't mean it's gonna be a thousand chapters long, nope. I cannot do that.

All in all, I've already started writing it because I can't stop myself and I'm digging the ideas I have for this story. It would be different from my usual books given the more angsty vibe because of certain stuff that I can't talk about.

But I'm totally down to write this book if you guys are down to read it.

Would you guys want to read it?