I will drown you in acid... • Chapter 16

Back in Mystic Falls, The Save Elena Squad have been brewing a plan to get rid of the Mikaelson twins. They were in the Boarding house going over the details.

"Let's say Mikael followed Elena. Tried to grab her so he could use her as bait." Damon told.

"And you, what, vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him. Guy's an Original. We have to make it realistic." Damon told having some logic left in him.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead..." Elena continued the story.

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finished the story they were going to tell Klaus.

"What happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked the two vampires.

"Good point." Damon exclaimed. "You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...the last thing we need you is getting tongue-tied." Damon said to his baby brother.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." Elena stated.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael told from behind them and placed the White ash and the dagger on the mahogany table. Stefan and Elena walked over to the table to get a closer look.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked.

"It means our plan is working." Mikael stated. "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what?" Stefan asked. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Oh, I am in possession of a stake...fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael informed the three.

"Where is it?" Damon asked about the dagger's whereabouts.

"Not here." he replied and Damon rolled his eyes. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy." he said and dipped the dagger in the ash.

"Against what?" Stefan asked.

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you." he said and handed the dagger to the doppelganger.

She took it. "You want me to actually dagger you?" Elena asked in disbelief.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance...especially when it comes to trust." Mikael spoke. Elena nodded and drove the dagger into his heart. He fell on the ground and they all glanced at each other.

"So, um, what about Klaus' hot twin sister?" Damon asked the question no one has asked yet.

"Klaus and Nicole are basically conjoined by the hip. So, it's guaranteed that Klaus will call her." Rebekah spoke. 

"That would be awesome if we had another White Oak stake." Damon glared at no one in particular.

"Why can't we use the same one?" Damon asked. "Let's deal with Klaus first and then his sister."

"Then we have to be quick enough." Rebekah said, sad that her only sister will die.

"Do we have to kill her?" Stefan asked not wanting to do it. They were friends back in 1920.

"Yes. If she would find out that we killed Klaus she will kill us all, she would torture us first." Rebekah said. They nodded.

Stefan had the duty to call the big bad hybrid. He did so and was now on the phone with Klaus who was in Portland. "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people. It is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."  Klaus told.