Chapter Two: The Start of akwardness by: Clint Barton

"CLINT BARTON WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!!" Natasha yelled at the fainted man. Clint's eyes shot opened, and he groaned. "Ow.." Clint said and Thor helped him stand. "I had the weirdest dream." "One were Cap's pregnant with your kid? Not a dream pal." Tony said and crossed his arms. "Oh god it's real.." Clint whispers and fell into a chair Natasha placed for him. "Guys...?" A soft voice came from the examination table. "Hey Steve." "So.. It's true.. I- I'm holding a baby.." Steve whispered and Bruce took his hand. "Yeah.. We're going to leave you to talk to Clint ok?" Bruce said. Steve tensed a bit, but nodded. The other left, and a silence fell between Clint and Steve. "Do you want to keep it?" Clint finally asked. Steve placed one of his hands carefully on his flat stomach.
     "I've always wanted a family... But I thought I'd never get one.. I- I want this baby. You don't have to agree Clint. I can leave the tower and live on my own. We'd only have to see each other when the Avenger's are called." Steve told him, and Clint frowned. "I'm not going to make you leave Steve. You're my friend. It's just, I- I don't know Cap... How did they even get you pregnant?" "They ran different tests on me. After you were knocked out they took you away somewhere. They returned you back and took me back to their lab. They injected me in a unpleasant place and then I blacked out." Steve explained and shifted under the blanket. To be honest, Clint had always had a small crush on their leader. But who didn't? He was beautiful, brave, and really all around adorable. "Ok, ok if you want this baby I'll help you." Clint said and took Steve's soft hand. "Oh Clint I couldn't do that to you.." Steve whispered but Clint shook his head. "I'll move my stuff to your floor. I'll stay in one of the guest rooms." Clint said, and Steve just nodded. "How do we tell Fury? I shouldn't go onto the battle field." "I'll have Natasha handle it." Clint smirked, and Steve smiled. "Hey, there's that smile." Clint said and Steve flushed.
     Clint grabbed the things he'd need, and moved them into his new room on Steve's floor. It was a little awkward at first, and Clint had no idea where to start. "Do you want to watch a movie?" Steve asked Clint as Clint was unpacking. "Let me finish up here and then yeah." Clint smiled. Steve smiled back, his cheeks a small shade of pink. Steve walked off, and Clint's heart started thumping. He finished unpacking most of his things and walked to Steve's living room. Steve was nuzzled onto the couch and smiled when Clint entered. Clint sat on the couch,but not too close to Steve. "Jarvis said jurassic park might be a good movie." "A good movie? It's an amazing one! Play it Jarvis!" Clint said with a smile, and Steve chuckled. They were so into the movie they didn't hear Natasha or Tony join them. "Its a pretty good movie. I like Star Wars better." Tony said behind them, causing them both to jump. "Don't do that!" Clint groaned and threw a couch pillow at Tony. Tony grabbed it and threw it back before sitting on the floor in front of them. "Jarvis, put Star Wars on." Natasha rolled her eyes and sat on the top of the couch behind Clint, and started running her fingers through his hair. Clint looked over at Steve, who was doing the same to Tony. Huh....
      "You all done bromancing so I can have my boyfriend back?" Bruce asks by the elevator. "But Brucie! Steve's massages are heaven!!!" Tony whines and Steve snickers. "Go to Bruce Tony." Steve said. Tony grumbles but gets up and walks over to Bruce, and Clint watches as they both leave
      The tower seemed to have everyone everywhere. Bruce was on Steve like a hawk (no pun intended), making sure he was healthy and taking care of himself. Clint made sure Steve was alright before he went to do his own thing. They were sitting in Steve's kitchen, a week later after Clint moved in, eating some pancakes when Steve placed his fork down. "I think we should tell Bucky and Sam." Clint choked on his coffee and looked at Steve. "Steve, man you can't be serious. Bucky'll kill me!" Clint exclaimed. Sam would probably wave it off, since he thought everyone was crazy. But Bucky was like Steve's guard dog. Clint was fucked. "He won't do anything if I'm there." Steve said and placed a warm hand on Clint's shoulder. Clint sighed. "Alright..." Clint mumbled. Steve beamed at this and hugged Clint, before hurrying off to make the call.
     Bucky and Sam arrived on Steve's floor, and Clint gulped. "Come on." Steve said taking Clint's hand and leading him to the living room. Steve's hand was warm and solid. It was comforting. Clint followed him, and met Bucky and Sam's faces. "Sam.. Buck.. A lot has happened from that one mission at Shield a few weeks back... And when I told you guys that the scientist tampered with the serum.. They changed some genetics.. They took Clint's seed and now I'm... Pregnant." Steve explained. Sam looked in shock while Bucky's coffee mug cracked in his metal hand. The glare he was sending Clint was not pleasant. Clint jumped behind Steve, and Steve looked at them. "It's a bit hard to believe. I have test results to prove it as well." Steve told them. "I believe you Steve.. Always have.. But hand over Barton so I can chat with him.." Bucky said darkly. Clint shuddered and Steve took his hand. "Bucky, knock it off. He's the father." Steve said calmly. Sam and Bucky left a few hours later, Clint still alive and breathing. But he knew that wasn't the end of Bucky.
     That night, Clint was woke up by Jarvis. "What?" Clint asked grumpily. "Sorry Master Barton, but Captain Rogers seems to be troubled." Clint got to his feet and rushed to Steve's room. Steve was sitting in his bed, wiping tears that fell down his face. "J- Jarvis. I- I told you I- I was f- fine." Steve whimpered. Jarvis said nothing and Clint sat on the side of his bed. "What's wrong Cap?" "N- Nightmares... So- Sorry.. This must be a burden." Steve whispered. Clint took Steve's face in his hands, catching a few stray tears. "You're not a burden.. You'd never be a burden." Clint said and gave him a half smile. Steve laid his head on Clint's shoulder, and Clint hugged him. "W- Will you stay here? W- With me?" Steve asked softly. Something in the back of Clint's mind protested, but who said he thought before he spoke. "Sure." Clint said. Clint laid next to Steve until he fell asleep. Steve moved closer to him and Clint found himself with his arms hugging the super soldier. "Good night Steve.." Clint whispered before drifting off.

Author's Note: I got a good nights rest and I'm posting the second chapter. You've all gotta love Bucky. He's such a good big brother. And guard dog. And Sam is there so support. Anyways comment what you'd like to see happen to Clint and Steve in the future and I might just use it! But no smut... I can't write it that good. Anyways thanks for reading!

ISailEveryShip