Chapter Twelve: Pillow Forts and Baby Shower by: Steve Rogers

Steve kissed Clint goodbye the next day and him and Natasha left for shield. Steve sighed and sat on his couch. Clint would be gone all day, and probably wouldn't be back until tomorrow. He'd just have to make the most of it. Steve leaned back on the couch, and frowned. There wasn't much he could do. Sure he talked to Clint and that was fun. But the sometimes played games or talked about the kids. Steve sighed and pushed himself up. 'Maybe I'll just go talk to Tony.' Steve thought to himself. "Jarvis? Is Tony busy?" "I'm terrible sorry sir, but him and Dr. Banner went to visit Dr.Reed this morning." "What about Sam and Bucky?" "They left this morning. Mr. Wilson went to visit family and Mr. Barns went to shield." Steve sighed. "Thor?" "Is on his floor." "Take me to his floor." Steve sighed and walked into the elevator. The elevator reached Thor's floor, and Steve walked onto his floor. "Brother Steven!" Thor boomed over his TV. "Hey Thor." Steve said and walked in. "What brings you here?" Thor asked as Steve sat next to him on the couch. "Well... I'm kinda feeling... Lonely I guess. Everyone else is gone." "Aye. I asked the man in the walls and he said that Barns had left this morning. I did not have the spar I was hoping for." Thor pouted and Steve snickered. "Well, Clint's on a mission and I don't know when he'll be back." "Well to pass time we shall play the Mario Kart!" Thor said and grabbed a controller for Steve.
     After 32 races, Steve was getting tired. "I'd love to play some more Thor, but I've got to get some sleep." "We shall have a nap time! I have always wanted to build the forts of pillows!" Thor suggested. "Sounds fun. First we need all the pillows on your floor, along with the blankets." Steve said and Thor ran off to collect the items. Steve began putting the fort up, while Thor made snacks. The fort was built, and they two went inside. Thor laid down plates of Doritos, pretzels, cheese slices, and two bowls of ice cream. Steve sat up and ate with Thor while they watch Titanic. "What?! Jack died?!" Steve asked in horror. "Tis a sad ending for such a young man." Thor said and grabbed the tissue box. Steve grabbed a tissue and blew his nose, then laid back. "Let's watch some Psych. I love that show." Steve said and Jarvis put it on.
    "Steve." Steve groaned and pushed the arm near him away. "Steve wake up." Steve opened his eyes to see Bucky and Thor looking at him. "I was sleep." "I saw that. But Fury called us. He said he needed you at Shield." Bucky said and helped Steve to his feet. "Why? Did something happen to Clint?!" "Barton's fine. He came back a little bit ago.. But Natasha.. She didn't make it out unscathed.." Bucky said with a frown. "Oh Buck.." "Let's go see her." Bucky said and handed Steve his jacket.
     Thor and Bucky stood at Steve's sides, as agents looked at Steve. Steve couldn't care. Natasha got hurt and as the Captain, he needed to see her. They walked into the medical floor and into the room were Natasha was. Clint was sitting at her side. "Hey guys." Natasha said and sat up best she could. Bucky went to her over side, and held her hand. "I'm fine James. Nothing bad happened anyways." "You got stabbed Nat." Clint said and she smacked his arm. "Ow!" "Shut up." She mumbled. "I'm sorry this happened.." Steve mumbled and looked at her. "Oh you all are morons. I'm fine. And nothing can stop me. I have a baby shower to plan and no one is going to stop me." Natasha growled then winked at Steve. "Thanks Nat. But I'm sure you'll need rest." "That's why I called Pepper. This baby shower is this weekend and I'm going to be there." Natasha declared. "Nothing can stop a force like you." Bucky said and kissed her cheek. "Nope." Clint said and sighed. "Lady Natasha! I have brought thee some food!" Thor said and walked in with a chocolate bar. "Thank god. Some good food." Natasha said and took the chocolate. Clint walked over to Steve and kissed him. "Miss me?" "Yes. Very much." Steve mumbled and hugged Clint. Just then, the babies started kicking. "They missed you too." "Nah.. Daddy missed you guys as well." Clint said to the extended stomach. "Daddy?" Bucky asked with a snort. "Yes. Steve's papa and I'm daddy. When you become a parent, Barns, you can choose what you're called." Clint sassed and hugged Steve lovingly. "Hands away from my ass Barton." "Meanie.."
________________

     The day the baby shower rolled in, Clint was sick. He was throwing up and running fevers. "I wanna be at the baby shower..." Clint groaned after throwing up. "You're sick Clint. You need to rest. I'm sure Jarvis will play it on the TV." Steve said and rubbed Clint's back. "Ugh...." Clint said before throwing up again. Steve helped Clint back to bed, and tucked him in. He gave Clint some medicine, and kissed his forehead. "I love you Clint." "Go have fun.." Clint said and watched Steve walk out of the room.
     The room was filled with presents and balloons. Food on all the side tables and a chair in the middle of the room for Steve. Steve sat down on it, and started opening gifts. "This one's from Tony." Steve said and opened the big box. Inside, were two robot dogs. Both black and white. "I thought that they could be fun for you babies. I made them myself. Jarvis is also installed in them." Tony said and drank some more of his punch. "I love them. Thank you Tony." Steve said as Thor moved them out of the way for now. "This one's from Bucky." Steve said and pulled a bag into his lap. He took out the tissue paper and pulled out some baby clothes. They were Captain America themed. "Aww.. They're so cute!" Steve said and looked at them. "I had help from Pepper." Bucky said with a shrug and smirk. "Next is Thor." Steve said and opened the small box in his lap. Inside was seeds to the flowers Clint had gave him. "Oh! I love this flower! Thanks!" Steve said and Thor smiled proudly.
     By the end of it, the room was filled with stuff animals and clothes for both of the kids. He also got a two baby stroller, two baby car seats, two high chairs, and two baby rocking chair. "This is amazing." Steve said and looked around the room. "Let's get them to the nursery!" Tony said as everyone started grabbing different things. Everything was put in their places, baby books on the shelf, stuff animals around the room, then two baby rocking chairs left in the living room, the two high chairs in the kitchen, and Tony sent Bruce down to the garage with the car seats. "Congrats Steve." Natasha said as Bucky pushed her in a wheelchair. "We'll be with you ever step of the way." Annabelle said and hugged him. "Thanks guys." Steve said and smiled. The babies birth wasn't too far away now that Steve thought of it. Him and Clint would be ready.

Author's note: This chapter is short. I'm sorry ;-; . I try to make them as long as I can. But I had a big writers block and this is the best I could do. Thanks for reading anyways! Sorry if this chapter's a bit sloppy.

ISailEveryShip